PDA

View Full Version : Here's a H/L stud theoretical one for ol' Sklansky

Al_Capone_Junior
05-26-2003, 02:33 PM
OK. You're playing high/low stud. There are three experts, three average players, and one total fish in the game. We'll say it's 15-30 with a $2 ante and a $5 bring in.

The 2c is thumb-tacked to the table in front of you. You're always automatically the bring-in. The A, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 of clubs are all shuffled separately. You are dealt two of these cards, then the rest are reshuffled with the rest of the deck, and the other players are dealt their hands. You get to keep your downcards unseen.

Do you take the deal?

Here's the choices for the poll:

We'll see if anyone has much of an opinion on it before the great Oz speaks...

al

Andy B
05-26-2003, 02:53 PM
I'll take it, and it's not close, even if the other folks know that I'm getting two small clubs in the hole.

I don't see why Sklansky would answer your theoretical question when he won't even answer his own. I'm still waiting for the answer to that high-low triple draw question.

Al_Capone_Junior
05-26-2003, 03:08 PM
Sorry, I forgot to say that everyone knows what the proposition is. They know you have two small clubs, but not which ones.

True, DS is not very good at answering anything, even if he asked the question.

I mainly wanted to play with the polling feature, which I did.

I think it's quite clear that it's a good deal. Basically, with three small clubs, I would never mind being the bring-in, because it's a damn good starting hand. Of course you'd be putting in eight antes and eight bring ins per round, and no one else would be putting in any. Still, I always think "kick ass" when I see such a starting hand.

al