** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TRHScc814 [ 9c, 6c ]
TRHScc814 folds.
LEWIEBOY (70) to 70
I_Sin_Daily raises (125) to 125
"Hi, My name is Big Pocket Pair."
7 Folds
LEWIEBOY calls (55)
"Well, I have decent cards, and he only minraised me, so my pot odds are pretty nice. I have to call."
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
LEWIEBOY checks.
I_Sin_Daily checks.

This is a play I have never thought to use before. I don't know if a lot of you have in your arsenal, but I definitely didn't before. By checking, I_Sin puts some doubt into LEWIES mind about the strenth of his hand, and may get him to bluff with high cards, or value bet/call down with a smaller pair. My usual play with KK after I raise and no ace flops I make a continuation bet when checked to me. Also, this play the player from getting stacked off on the flop if LEWIE was trying to check/raise with a set.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 5d ]
LEWIEBOY bets (150)
"Maybe my middle pocket pair is good here"
I_Sin_Daily raises (300) to 300
"Keep him on the leash, keep him calling with his dominated hand" OR " I'm a donk who can't do anything but minraise"
LEWIEBOY calls (150)
** Dealing River ** : [ 8s ]
LEWIEBOY bets (375)
LEWIEBOY is all-In.
I_Sin_Daily calls (375)
I_Sin_Daily is all-In.
Creating Main Pot with $1625 with I_Sin_Daily,LEWIEBOY
** Summary **
Main Pot: 1625
Board: [ 2h 7c 3s 5d 8s ]
I_Sin_Daily balance 1625, bet 800, collected 1625, net +825 [ Ks Kh ] [ a pair of kings -- Ks,Kh,8s,7c,5d ]
Svejk balance 800, didn't bet (folded)
kabooki balance 800, didn't bet (folded)
thetoyjunkie balance 800, didn't bet (folded)
Mr_Cobra balance 800, didn't bet (folded)
zhenxu balance 800, didn't bet (folded)
slider12 balance 790, lost 10 (folded)
BosoxFan6 balance 785, lost 15 (folded)
TRHScc814 balance 800, didn't bet (folded)
LEWIEBOY balance 0, lost 800 [ Th Ts ] [ a pair of tens -- Th,Ts,8s,7c,5d ]

In this hand, I_Sin made a relatively small mistake on the flop in order to get LEWIE to make a HUGE mistake later, in terms of the Fundamental Theorem.

This hand just struck me as a good way to play this hand, though I think it is much better to do with AA than KK, as any ace can burn you.

Assuming he is a thinking player, and not just a donk
What do you think about how I_Sin's played this hand?

RobGW
10-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Its ok on this flop. Villian either has 3 outs to an Ace or 2 outs to hit a set. There are no draws to worry about. But I wouldn't make a habit of it at the 11's since those donks will call off their stack anyways. Its a good play against better players though.

10-11-2005, 12:13 AM
I think both players were going to get their money in the middle because they had overpairs to the 8-high board.

KK minraise PF is dumb because a larger raise can get more chips in pre-flop with a weaker player and announces to a stronger player "I have a big pair." Check on the flop is good against a tight-agressive player, bet is good against a loose-passive player. TT should bet on the flop to see where he's at in hand to confirm bigness of hand after KK's minraise and check.

Instead, TT gets lost come the turn. KK and TT commit themselves there and will both be investing the rest of their stacks in this hand. KK's minraise on the turn got called as would an all in most of the time.

FlyWf
10-11-2005, 03:05 PM
It's not a cbet when you have an overpair.