PDA

View Full Version : What qualifies as a bad beat?

10-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Dose flopping an open ended strait flush, getting it on the turn and getting beat by a gut shot strait flush qualify as a bad beat? I know most people here hate bad beat stories so I won't post the hand or complain about it just asking if it qualifies. I am quite secure in the fact that I played the hand correctly.
Thanks
S.Rogers

10-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Who cares what qualifies? All that matters is that the chips went to the other player.

Fabian
10-10-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm guessing most people who care about this (bad beats) would say a 1-outer qualifies, yes.

10-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Thanks for being the first to qualify for the prize GentlemanGerry. The stupid jerk with way to much time on his hands prize. I mean you apparently care or you wouldn't take the time to post way to go hehe. Feel free to waste your time to post to my reply to this post also.

Kaeser
10-11-2005, 12:47 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I don't like to think of it as a bad beat when the play is reasonable. I mean if a guy calls you with 2 under cards and makes a straight that's bad play. If a guy calls with a flush when you have a straight flush you can't really expect him to have folded.

I'm not saying this didn't suck or trying to insult you but I've heard players live complaining about bad beats when I draw to an ace high flush in a multi-way pot.

balkii
10-11-2005, 12:48 AM
lol at this entire thread

10-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Yea... I entertained someone, and someone got the point of this post. Come on lets have some fun at poker and our posts once in a while.

Seether
10-11-2005, 01:56 AM
every hand i lose

TommyTutone
10-11-2005, 07:57 PM
If you mean on Party, it is when quad 8s or better get beat.

If you mean to qualify bitching about it here, it's when pocket 3s get beat by an opponent on the river.