PDA

View Full Version : Folded to me in the sb and I have Aces

hobbsmann
10-10-2005, 10:18 PM
I am at foxwoods on Saturday playing the 20/40 and I had just been moved to one of the main games only a couple of hands before the following takes place. The cards are dealt and I look down before the action gets to me and much to my pleasure see two aces. I then look up and to my dismay everyone folds to me and I prepare to chop up the blinds and move along. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

So being a good chopper I turn to the big blind and politely ask if he would like to chop. The big blind responds saying that he never chops. To this I respond with a 'well then I raise'. He calls that raise as well as my flop bet. I then proceed to c/r raise the turn and bet river and take down a good pot that only a minute earlier looked to be my $10 blind.

Being lucky to be up against one of the few I've meet at foxwoods that doesn't chop the time I'm dealt AA in the sb foreshadowed the rest of session and needless to say I left very happy in the morning.

csuf_gambler
10-10-2005, 10:44 PM
1. don't look at your cards till action is on you.

2. serves that c0ck b1tch right for not chopping.

bpb
10-10-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate people who do this. It slows down the game. If you can't look at your cards and not betray your action until it is your turn, then don't play.

DrewOnTilt
10-10-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate people who do this. It slows down the game. If you can't look at your cards and not betray your action until it is your turn, then don't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we are apparently going to hijack this thread - I don't know about anyone else, but before the action is on me I concentrate on paying attention to the other players and their actions. I worry about checking my cards once the action reaches me. It doesn't take long if I act quickly each time.

To the OP - kudos for offering to chop.

10-10-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't look at the cards until it's my action. I look at the other players as they look at their cards, instead. And I take a bit of time to look at my cards when it is my action while looking to my left. Many players telegraph their intentions. That information's too useful to let slip.

hobbsmann
10-10-2005, 11:21 PM
I guess I should say that I usually wait until my turn to look at my cards, but for whatever reason during the above hand I happened to peek at them while they were dealt out.

thirddan
10-10-2005, 11:43 PM
this is not really an issue...

when not in the blinds just look at your hand when you get it...

when in the blinds don't look until one person has entered the pot...that way you can just chop and never look at your cards...

Kaeser
10-10-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

2. serves that c0ck b1tch right for not chopping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why's it such a big deal if he doesn't chop? I never chop, is it considered rude not to? I thought you were just supposed to be consistent.

JacksonTens
10-11-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, as some people take so long to peek, and then I really hate when people deliberate preflop!

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

10-11-2005, 11:59 AM
As I'm sure has been discussed on this board many times, there's nothing wrong with not chopping. Hell, I'm so laid back I don't even care if I'm next to a selective chopper. I'll just adapt by selectively chopping with him as well. There's no advantage or disadvantage to either of us.

Etiquette-wise, however, you always want to be consistent with your chopping. And if you're playing a low limit game, just chop. It's a good way to avoid looking like an uptight prick.

10-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Good for you to both look and ask. I probably would have thrown my cards away and pulled back my SB by habit. I can't remember the last time I looked before my turn, but still, nice hand.