PDA

View Full Version : 2 pair Vs total suited flop.

1800GAMBLER
05-26-2003, 10:54 AM
NL .5/1, 9 handed, ver loose preflop due to the small stakes i think.

MP, dealt Q 10o. Firstly, i'm wondering how you usually play that hand in that position.

Anyhow, 6 see the flop, by all calling/completing.

Flop:

Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 10 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif It's checked to you, what do you do?

Results later.

sucka
05-26-2003, 10:05 PM
With 6 players in you are likely against at least one player holing the King or Ace of clubs - perhaps even someone with a modest pocket pair of 9's with one of them a spade. You could already be up against a made flush as well.

However, you do have a few outs to fill up and with that many players in you definitely want to see the river - provided of course you don't end up having to call 3 or 4 bets cold on the flop or turn to continue.

My plan here would be to get to the river as cheaply as possible.

1800GAMBLER
05-27-2003, 07:10 AM
It was checked to me, with 2 to act after me, i thought 1 was tight and one was a poor player. I have no idea if this is a standard play but lets see:

With it being checked to me and knowning i will have one caller behind me regardless of what he holds, i bet 5 times the blinds. The reason for this is if they were on a flush draw i'm trying to not give them the pot odds to call, plus the reserve implied odds, since i'll stop betting if another spade hits.

Figuring people would put me on a flush right away and have some of the people who held low spades fold.

Anyhow the weak player called, and shockingly everyone else folded. Next card was a rag. I bet 5 times the blinds again. He raises 7.

Hm, ok, anyone else i figure they made their flush, but as i said this is a very weak player. Call. Another none spade, i bet, he raises, i call.

He held Q A none of spades. Would be interesting to see how that went against a tough player though.

Louie Landale
05-27-2003, 12:57 PM
QTo is a dog except in late position for no raise. Routine fold in MP no matter the make up of the table.

You flopped top two pair. Betting is routine. You MAY be in some trouble if several TIGHT players suddenly called pre-flop, but not routine loose players.

This is a good hand. However, its prospects change dramatically as soon as someone ELSE asserts themselves.

- Louie