PDA

View Full Version : WSOP - Heads up with Scotty Nguyen HAND #1

Montreal_Hitman
05-26-2003, 10:52 AM
WSOP - 2nd level - Blinds are 50$-100$ I have the "chance" of having Scotty Nguyen at my table.....

My stack is about 11 000$. Scotty has been raising at will for an hour and everybody always folds to his raises.

I am in the SB with JJ. 3 players folds to Scotty who raises to 500$. Everyone folds to me and I call. Flop comes 4-10-10 rainbow. I bet 650$, scotty raises 2000$ more and I muck.

I put him on either QQ, KK, AA or A-10....

Comments?

Thanks in advance.

Montreal Hitman

Greg (FossilMan)
05-26-2003, 12:45 PM
Ugh.

To make that raise, all he has to do is believe YOU don't have a T. I would NOT have bet that flop into him, but check-raised him. In either event, as much action as you say he's been giving, I likely would've been willing to risk all my chips on that flop.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Montreal_Hitman
05-26-2003, 03:00 PM
When I re-read my hand, I had the exact same reaction as yours....But it was my first time at the big show, facing one of the best players in the world and there was a lot of camera around our table.....I should have played that hand differently.

I think you will be more please with my moves on the 2nd hand....

Thanks!

Al_Capone_Junior
05-26-2003, 04:43 PM
When someone is getting that much respect, and speeding around like there's no way he can lose, it's time to make a stand against him. With that hand and that flop, I'da gone all-in against him. If he beats you, well, he just got lucky.

al