PDA

View Full Version : Another 400PLO hand - AA in position - common scenario

punter11235
10-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Hello all !

I hope this one will be more interesting.
Villain is not very good but knows a few tricks. He bluffed me with lone A on the flush board before and probably thinks that I am a little too aggro.

Paradise Poker Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP1 ($451.25)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($391.25)</font>
CO ($246.00)
Button ($163.00)
SB ($345.75)
BB ($425.00)
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($2209.50)</font>
UTG+1 ($412.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $48</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls $34.

Flop: ($102) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $102</font>, UTG calls $102.

Turn: ($306) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">

Hero ?

Is potting the flop correct ? As this situation is pretty common I guess there is default turn play too :-)

Best wishes

joewatch
10-11-2005, 04:21 AM
I would never reraise with AAxx unless I could get close to 75% of my money in.

Anyway, I'd probably take the free card and pray for an A or a 9 on the river.

If I were Villain, I would raise the turn or bet the river close to 99% of the time against obvious aces without there being a flush or ace on the board.

BluffTHIS!
10-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Regarding the preflop raise, I would in fact do it since the sidecards are good and you have 1 flush draw possible and in order to try to get the button. On the flop, I too would bet it since it is headsup, although multiway I would often check/fold that type of drawing flop. On the turn, like joe said, I would probably check behind. Although it appears unlikely you are being slowplayed and thus wish to protect your hand, you are only protecting one pair and a gutshot at this point, and by betting, you will often create a situation that allows an aggressive player to bluff bet any draw that gets there on the river as well as two pair if he reads you correctly for aces. By checking behind, a drawing card that gets there on the river is more likely to be checked by the opponent as well and thus result in a cheaper showdown if you wish. Plus you still have bluffing rights yourself if a broadway card comes that might give him 2 pair but with which you can represent a straight or flush and try to induce a fold in a tighter player who is capable of folding.

LA_Price
10-11-2005, 09:08 AM
with only about 240 left I push this turn everytime. Seems an unlikely spot for a slowplay with the flush draw and straight draws out. You will often get calls from much worse hands in this spot as people usually overestimate their odds of outdrawing aces.

punter11235
10-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I went allin, he called with : Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif
offsuit king came on the river and I took the pot.
I dont feel well about my play. Maybe reraising with AA is bad if Villain is always going to assume that you have them which allow him to play well (not as he did here but not folding crappy 2pair for example).
Thanks for anwers.

Best wishes

scdavis0
10-11-2005, 05:03 PM
He played his hand awful. A c/r all-in for him is automatic.