PDA

View Full Version : Normal variance #'s for 10+1's sngs at stars

popimp3333
10-10-2005, 08:30 PM
i was just wondering what the normal variance for a "good" player should be at the 11s at poker stars. i also would like to add i deposited only 25 bux here at stars an now have a bankroll of 300. is this any good? i have played close to 1000 games an usually stick around 300 for my bankroll. good managment? any suggestions? thanks!!!

10-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Read the FAQ.

Oluwafemi
10-10-2005, 08:42 PM
if you're a [good] player, don't worry about variance because you know it will come. focus on playing your game and make sure your fundamentals are sound. my sample size at the $11s is not real huge so i won't comment on that but the $5.50s are virtually indentical in skill level. my biggest drop in the $5.50s was 12 buy-ins consecutively and that was due to an insane amount of beats by inferior holdings [predominately in all-in situations by catches on the river]. my next biggest drop was 11 buy-ins but it occurred over a 30-40 SNG stretch while multi-tabling, of which i made it back plus extra. if you're a [good] player, you'll probably experience the latter more.

pokerlaw
10-10-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was just wondering what the normal variance for a "good" player should be at the 11s at poker stars. i also would like to add i deposited only 25 bux here at stars an now have a bankroll of 300. is this any good? i have played close to 1000 games an usually stick around 300 for my bankroll. good managment? any suggestions? thanks!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

First, as suggested above, read the forum FAQ. Second, your history of $$ is hard to understand: have you cashed out since the $25 investment and have been floating around $300 or do you withdraw?

Assuming no withdrawals and 1,000 games played, your ROI is ~2.5%. Variance, in a nutshell, deals w/ the concept regarding how much your "true" ROI varies from your results so far.

"Normal variance for a 'good' player" as you put it doesn't really go to what I think you are asking - which is whether or not you are good and if you are, how good you are. In short, you have a bit to learn...gl though - at least you haven't lost money playing poker /images/graemlins/smile.gif