PDA

View Full Version : step 4 on party

oldye
10-10-2005, 07:30 PM
i was bonus whoring on party...and decided to play a step tournament for 11 bucks...well i ended up finishing in the top two of the first 3 levels and getting to the step 4

I dont normally play on party and i'd rather have the 500$ added to my bankroll...i'm hopping to sell it to someone i know (how much do you think is it worth to someone who probably does not play these steps but would be interested if the price is right)
i'm not really used to their structure so I was wondering if anyone had any input how to aproach this kind of tournament at the 530$ level in case I end up having to play it

skipperbob
10-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Your question has two separtate parts:
1.)How much is it worth (and inherently; How do I sell it?) I have both bought & sold high-level steps & it depends, entirely, on a level of trust between the two participants. The only "way" to sell is to let the buyer use your account (there is no way to transfer)...so, you quickly get to a point where one party has to trust the other to act in a trustworthy fashion...The only way I would "buy" a step is have the seller give me access to his account (empty except for the step-freeroll)and I would then play it...When, and if, I cashed at Step 5, I would xfer everything except agreed-to fee to my own account and give access to original account back to seller.(if I didn't win I would then interaccount xfer fee to Seller)..Regarding "what's it worth?"...I would give you $350 for the Step 4 freeroll.

As to part 2.) How do I play a Step 4?...Actually I think that Step 4's are the easiest level because of all the players primary goal(top 4)...No reason to go nuts in early-level-low-blinds, but mid-levels you can really take advantage of pre-bubble "rockiness"....So, play only top 3 hands in first two blind levels...Broaden range (dramatically) in levels 3-6...G/L

oldye
10-10-2005, 08:16 PM
thnx for the input...I dont think I would sell it for 350$ unless the step 4's were full of the best poker pros on the net and even if they were I doubt it would be worth giving up 30%

stanzee
10-10-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thnx for the input...I dont think I would sell it for 350$ unless the step 4's were full of the best poker pros on the net and even if they were I doubt it would be worth giving up 30%

[/ QUOTE ]

Just play it yourself and have some fun! And in no circumstances would i let ANYONE access my account, unless they were 1) a close relative or 2) a close friend that i knew in flesh and blood.

It's not that i wouldn't trust anyone on this site, but... i wouldn't trust anyone on this site.

skipperbob
10-10-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just play it yourself and have some fun! And in no circumstances would i let ANYONE access my account, unless they were 1) a close relative or 2) a close friend that i knew in flesh and blood.

It's not that i wouldn't trust anyone on this site, but... i wouldn't trust anyone on this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

"GFY"...Oh, bye-the-way, you can forget about ever playing in the *STTF-HUC*; did I mention to GFY

Ogre
10-10-2005, 10:48 PM
id probably sell it for $400 or so

10-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Oldye -
I play the STEPs on party - usually start on step 3 but occassionly start on step 4 or even 5...

Anyway I would be willing to pay you $450 for it. Of course I would have to play it on your account, so we would have to work that out as a trust issue. Anyway...PM me if you are interested in working something out.

Ogre
10-10-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oldye -
I play the STEPs on party - usually start on step 3 but occassionly start on step 4 or even 5...

Anyway I would be willing to pay you $450 for it. Of course I would have to play it on your account, so we would have to work that out as a trust issue. Anyway...PM me if you are interested in working something out.

[/ QUOTE ]

why dont you "float me $350" while you are at it?

jk... kinda

10-10-2005, 11:28 PM
?? If i'm playing on his account I can't win any money for myself without him paying me...but yeah call me a theif if you want.

Ogre
10-10-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
?? If i'm playing on his account I can't win any money for myself without him paying me...but yeah call me a theif if you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasnt trying to insult you but it is pretty hard to trust random people on the internet when there are people like HoyteCorkins4 out there

10-10-2005, 11:58 PM
You could set up the buyer's computer to display the monitor of the seller's. Buyer could give insturctions for the game over the phone or via IM on another computer.

Complicated, but it avoids trusting someone with your account info. Instead, buyer has to trust the seller to pay up any winnings and not misclick.

oldye
10-11-2005, 01:04 AM
i want to clarify that i was not offering to sell it online ...i would never consider doing it...I just wanted to know how much to ask

The Yugoslavian
10-11-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasnt trying to insult you but it is pretty hard to trust random people on the internet when there are people like HoyteCorkins4 out there

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude...we're talking about two highly trusted 2p2ers with a combined post count of 45....

I mean, if you can't trust these guys who could you *possibly* trust? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yugoslav

MegaBet
10-13-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"GFY"...Oh, bye-the-way, you can forget about ever playing in the *STTF-HUC*; did I mention to GFY

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, he's the only player ever to be UNinvited!