PDA

View Full Version : Red Kings on a TcJcQc Flop

10-10-2005, 07:01 PM
I'm in the SB with Red Kings at a 2/4 live game. I raise and 5 of us see the flop

Flop
T /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check with the intention of raising. The Button bets and I Raise, All call.

Turn 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif I check call. 1 fold. 4 players see the river

River J /images/graemlins/spade.gif I check and call the button.

Any thoughts? What kills me is the flop decision. Maybe I shoulda bet out, Maybe I shouda just called and waited til the turn to pop the pot.

LLL

The Goober
10-10-2005, 07:39 PM
If you felt confident that someone would bet the flop from late position, then I like the flop check-raise. Likewise, I think CRing the turn would be sweet if you were really sure that the button would bet again (unless its a club, of course).

In general, though, its very rare that you can be that confident when everyone but you just limped in PF. It would really suck to have the flop checked through, and it would suck even more to have the turn checked through.

I can see situations where I would go for the flop CR like you did, but I'd virtually never wait until the turn to pop it from the SB - just too much chance that someone will take a free card.

Speaking of which, checking the turn here is really bad - why give the button a the chance to take a free card to his draw? Lead the turn, lead the river, call if raised.

W. Deranged
10-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Why are you checking the turn?

lighterjobs
10-10-2005, 07:58 PM
I like leading out on the flop and check-raising the turn.

W. Deranged
10-10-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-raising the turn, for a number of reasons, strikes me as suicidal if the pot remains five handed.

pokerjunky
10-10-2005, 08:13 PM
I'd bet the flop to hopefully fold low singleton clubs. The A/images/graemlins/club.gif and K/images/graemlins/club.gif aren't going anywhere anyway. Then I'd bet the turn to avoid giving free cards on this dangerous board and either bet/fold the river or check/call.

lighterjobs
10-10-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-raising the turn, for a number of reasons, strikes me as suicidal if the pot remains five handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's an easy fold if the pot is three bet. I guess I should have mentioned I wouldn't check raise if the button bet. only if an early position bet.

turbulence
10-10-2005, 09:57 PM
This looks like one of those situations like in SSHE where you check-call the flop and raise the turn if a blank falls.