PDA

View Full Version : to steps players

stupidsucker
10-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Is anyone interested in selling low level steps and buying higher levels?

Ya Ya, I know you cant "sell" steps....

yid3655
10-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Would certainly interest me more then Side Bets/Blackjack /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

skipperbob
10-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Some time ago I "funded"($1,000) an "Attack-on-the-Steps"; two well-known & highly-respected 2+2'er's each played ten Step 2's....We did not cash $1 /images/graemlins/frown.gif

One of the players is queer

A_Junglen
10-10-2005, 08:03 PM
I had 7 people play 17 step ones each. We made a small profit, and were miserable for that month.

citanul
10-11-2005, 12:16 AM
they should have started at step 3.

johnnybeef
10-11-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
two well-known & highly-respected 2+2'er's

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a sec...I thought Yugo was the only queer here.

Maulik
10-11-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
two well-known & highly-respected 2+2'er's

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a sec...I thought Yugo was the only queer here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never seen Yugo bust out a pair of diesels'

Gramps
10-11-2005, 01:46 AM
On a semi-related note, what happens when you end up with "unused" Steps? I.e., you play the WSOP ME Steps and after the cut-off for the Main Event, you still have unused Step credits left over. Do you just get cash value?

tshort
10-11-2005, 02:27 AM
You get the cash value deposited into your account.

(Based on past WS steps I had, who knows what PP might do to [censored] you.)

adanthar
10-11-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some time ago I "funded"($1,000) an "Attack-on-the-Steps"; two well-known & highly-respected 2+2'er's each played ten Step 2's....We did not cash $1 /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I had 7 people play 17 step ones each. We made a small profit, and were miserable for that month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be open to a prop bet of sufficient amount that I could top this substantially playing only Step 2's or 3's for a month. (Okay, maybe not because I'd be bored off my ass too after a while, but it can be done pretty easily assuming you pushbot well enough in the Step 5.)

Here's the thing...you can't really just pushbot Steps according to an SNG strategy. They're sats, and to max ROI (as opposed to $/hour, although this might converge here), you have to sacrifice EV off the top and play for the freeroll a fair bit.

I'll let you guys work out the rest, but the people that can benefit from them the most are the ones with a good poker IQ but a small roll. They are absolutely fantastic bankroll builders, maybe more so than the Stars T$ sats. If the Step 2 tables were still running as often as they were when they just came out and were the only ones available, I would never stop playing them.

stupidsucker
10-11-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On a semi-related note, what happens when you end up with "unused" Steps? I.e., you play the WSOP ME Steps and after the cut-off for the Main Event, you still have unused Step credits left over. Do you just get cash value?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, this was talked about not long ago in another thread. If the event ends they refund you for the unused steps. I cant imagine them changing this.