PDA

View Full Version : the Zoo takes on the world

rusty JEDI
05-26-2003, 01:47 AM
After we crushed VP, and Moneymaker wins the WSOP main event. Maybe it is time we take on those strategy forum guys. I'm still not feeling like we're getting the respect we deserve.

So do we seek out our next victim?
Wait for a victim to challenge the champs? "us"
Do we just end the challenges now and know in our hearts that we are the Onlinechamps (sorry couldnt resist)?

rJ

Mike Haven
05-26-2003, 11:07 AM
pokerscene might be a nice scalp ...

if they can get any players to represent them, that is

Myrtle
05-26-2003, 11:32 AM
Uhhhh.........boyz & girls.....

Mayhaps we best bask in our latest victory for a bit before we go off challenging the whole stinkin world??

U never know, we might get a response, and then where would we be??

LOL

Inthacup
05-26-2003, 11:55 AM
Why hasn't a challenge been posted to RGP yet? Seems like the toughest competition out there. Maybe I missed something.

jek187
05-26-2003, 03:44 PM
We all know Poker Scene would get slaughtered. Zoo vs. strategy or RGP would be a battle of epic proportions. How about the Zoo vs. the Bonus Whores? In fact, I'll issue a tentative challenge: I'll select a total of 5 Bonus Whores to play in a limit HE tourney vs. 5 Zoo members selected by someone who steps forward (Simon or Haven I'd imagine.)

I'm going to say Saturday June 7th at 200 PM EDT would be good for me and hopefully for everyone...but if a different time is needed...this is hardly set in stone. Also, if True Poker gets their pre registration process fixed by then, I'd vote for holding it there. If not, then Stars. What do you guys think?

Miah
05-26-2003, 05:33 PM
Sounds like a great idea. Although I haven't participated in the VP tournies I was knocked out first in the KOTZ. This should speak for itself /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif.

Either way I'd love to participate in something like this in one way or another.

TruePoker CEO
05-26-2003, 05:53 PM
.... bonus whores should think of the overlay value there ..... (although we will have it sorted out by the 7th, for sure.)

Please keep us posted on your plans, if any materialize. What stakes, date, et cetera ?

Truepoker CEO

jek187
05-26-2003, 06:05 PM
That sounds good David. Either we get a well run tourney, or a freeroll. I can certainly live w/that /forums/images/icons/wink.gif So, I'll make it official...the tourney, if it's held, will be held at True Poker.

The time is tentatively set for what was in my original post although it could change. The stakes are up for debate. I'll be sure to keep you posted though.

Simon Diamond
05-26-2003, 08:04 PM
I dont wish to be involved, so it will have to be Mike in charge of the zoo team. Sounds like a good idea though jek, all the best in organising it.

At this rate we will end up with a competition between the organisers of these events /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Simon

kdog
05-26-2003, 08:06 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I'll select a total of 5 Bonus Whores to play in a limit HE tourney vs. 5 Zoo members selected by someone who steps forward (Simon or Haven I'd imagine.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Just one slight problem that I can see here jek.How do you find five regulars here who wouldn't qualify as bonus whores?

GrannyMae
05-26-2003, 09:43 PM
How do you find five regulars here who wouldn't qualify as bonus whores?

actually kdog, i think that most of us are NOT. i'm not saying that i want to represent the non-whores, but depo bonuses have NADA to do with where i play. i'm a paradise hag, and one would go broke waiting for their promos.

i was a promo whore for the WSEX challenge until it fell apart, but i have never moved money around just to take advantage of bonuses.

PUHLEEEZE don't get me wrong tho, the whores are infinately smarter than me for taking advantage of this free money, it is just not an issue for me.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/4/stoned.gif

Miah
05-26-2003, 09:55 PM
It fell apart? How did they make restitution for that?

rusty JEDI
05-26-2003, 10:38 PM
It didnt completely fall apart. After the 4th week was half way through, they moved it from Vegas to San Diego, and added 30 more potential players.

They offered everyone who wanted out a bonus $100.

GrannyMae
05-26-2003, 11:05 PM
yes.. what rJ said.

sorry to have put it that way.

i have family in san diego, so i am there all the time. i wanted vegas, and only vegas. it did not fall apart, there are still many in it.

it just went to a promo that no longer attracted me personally.

http://216.40.249.192/s/ups/blacksheep589692/circle_happy.gif