PDA

View Full Version : The latest on Party NOT giving rakeback

inyaface
10-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Here's the link. (I hate life (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3633963&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1))
I'm not quite panicking yet as various reputable sources have given contary statments over the past few day but this certainly can't be good news. Hopefully some of the affiliates will have news contrary to this soon.
P.S If anyone else knows something other then this please let me know so I can stop stressing.

Indiana
10-10-2005, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't play on party even if they gave me a no rake deal. I dont see the big deal. I play on stars to develop my game in a deeper stacked environment. Party is all preflop trapping. That wont work at the WSOP in July.

Indy

inyaface
10-10-2005, 06:18 PM
BUT it works for making money from fishies. Oh yeh and Peyton Manning is the king of the NFL 5-0 ain't bad. GO COLTS!

Indiana
10-10-2005, 06:20 PM
I could make more $ selling drugs to kids. I'm not playing poker to fleece the tourists. I want to be competitive as well as make $. I want to do something about which I can be proud.

Indy

curtains
10-10-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't play on party even if they gave me a no rake deal. I dont see the big deal. I play on stars to develop my game in a deeper stacked environment. Party is all preflop trapping. That wont work at the WSOP in July.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Party is all about preflop trapping??? Yes, of course you can sum up the entire strategy of how to play on PartyPoker in one short sentence.

On PartyPoker you start most tournaments with 66xBB, whereas on Pokerstars you start with 75x the BB. Obviously this huge discrepency completely changes the way you approach each tournament and swings it from a "preflop trapping game" to intricite postflop battles, not to mention that Pokerstars blinds move up at a faster rate.

nuclear500
10-10-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party is all preflop trapping

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who has never played on Party and has seen no reason to I find this quote interesting.

How many other mostly Party players feel this way?

bones
10-10-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play on stars to develop my game in a deeper stacked environment

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, cause I play on pokerstars.net to tweak my game.

inyaface
10-10-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could make more $ selling drugs to kids. I'm not playing poker to fleece the tourists. I want to be competitive as well as make $. I want to do something about which I can be proud.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Did you compare taking a more profitable line of gambling to selling drugs to kids?
2. If you really would not play on party if they offered no rake then...well I'm just in awe of how ridiculous this comment is.
3. If you want to do something skillfull and competative play NL cash games or a game besides Holdem.
4. If you want to do something you can be proud of be a doctor.

bigt439
10-10-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Did you compare taking a more profitable line of gambling to selling drugs to kids?
2. If you really would not play on party if they offered no rake then...well I'm just in awe of how ridiculous this comment is.
3. If you want to do something skillfull and competative play NL cash games or a game besides Holdem.
4. If you want to do something you can be proud of be a doctor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Oh wow. In his face.

inyaface
10-10-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Haha. Oh wow. In his face.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ship it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hendricks433
10-10-2005, 07:09 PM
haha Moneymaker is a douche.

10-10-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

beating PS sngs > (beating PP sngs = selling kids drugs)

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

10-10-2005, 07:41 PM
I think it's a crap statement, and indicates either ignorance or an inability to develop the skills necessary to beat the Party games.

As far as developing skill--- I would take the best Party SNGers over the best Stars ones any day, in a Stars-structured SNG.

microbet
10-10-2005, 07:43 PM
In Freakanomics there is a study of gangs and drug sales and very few of them make much money. Most of the gangster drug pushers ended up making like $3/hr.

sng-sam
10-10-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny, cause I play on pokerstars.net to tweak my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH NO YOU DINI

Straight Flushes,

SAM

freemoney
10-10-2005, 07:54 PM
a must read.

The Don
10-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Bleh... although I am still very +EV but I feel like I am getting ripped everytime I load up a set of SNGs or 4 tables NL cash sans rakeback. Also, I cancelled my party account 6 months ago and I am waiting to see if this new thing comes about before I get another /images/graemlins/frown.gif MTTs on stars have been a fun change of pace though...

The Don
10-10-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a must read.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

Python49
10-10-2005, 10:03 PM
I don't see what's stopping an affiliate from offering rakeback under the table without party knowing. If I have a friend who is an affiliate and I sign up a new account under him... how will party have any idea he's paying me a % of what i'm generating under him. =\

Ryan Z
10-10-2005, 10:17 PM
So far, my Affiliate has been pretty reliable, so I hope that this doesn't seem like a pointless troll post. This was their latest update from today, 10/10 regarding the PP rakeback deal:

We are currently in discussion with Party Poker regarding offering rakeback to all of you. Once we have confirmation that this is permitted and not against the affiliate terms and conditions, we will of course be contacting each of you to get something set up. Currently, things are looking *promising*. We of course want to make sure that everything is on the up-and-up, so that we can get this right the first time.

So essentially, nothing new has been said. It is encouraging, however, to think that such discussions are ongoing. I think the calm approach of my affiliate is refreshing in this jump-the-gun time for rakeback seekers.

-r

gila
10-10-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
GO COLTS!

[/ QUOTE ]

10-10-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what's stopping an affiliate from offering rakeback under the table without party knowing. If I have a friend who is an affiliate and I sign up a new account under him... how will party have any idea he's paying me a % of what i'm generating under him. =\

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of the penalty if Party does find out.

This is kinda like a n/l cash game, blinds $1/$2 and going all-in preflop for $500. Who's gonna call?

newhizzle
10-11-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In Freakanomics there is a study of gangs and drug sales and very few of them make much money. Most of the gangster drug pushers ended up making like $3/hr.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know about gangs, but none gang-related drug dealers can make a lot more than that