PDA

View Full Version : So I'm thinking of buying an iPod...

10-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Hi everyone,

I bought a couple of month ago a cheap MP3 players just so that I could have one while deciding on which one to really buy.

Right now that nano looks awesome but it lack one huge feature if you're asking me a radio! I mean it would have been easy for apple to include it no? Why didn't they so that they can sell more through iTunes?

It's sad cause there just isn't anything close to the nano in size which got a radio on it. There's those smaller one but they don't have as much memory.

What made you buy your iPod / MP3 player? I just want an iPod nano with a radio /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SomethingClever
10-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Radio??????

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif my 40 gig iPod. No need for radio, trust me.

MyMindIsGoing
10-10-2005, 06:21 PM
"It's sad cause there just isn't anything close to the nano in size which got a radio on it."

Do you see why?

10-10-2005, 07:18 PM
eh :P got me, lol well the bigger one doesn't have a radio either.

icepick
10-10-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
eh :P got me, lol well the bigger one doesn't have a radio either.

[/ QUOTE ]

F*ck the radio. DJ's suck. Commercials suck. Alot of their music sucks.

10-10-2005, 10:19 PM
eh, had too much caffeine today?

ddubois
10-11-2005, 12:04 AM
People buy ipods specifically so they don't have to suffer through radio.

Yeknom58
10-11-2005, 12:56 AM
Saying you want a radio on a mp3 players is like asking for a VCR attached to your tivo....What do you need the radio for..talk radio or sports..if it's talk radio, just record the shows on your computer and stick it on your ipot...if it's sports..well too bad.

10-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Sport is one of them, but there's also the fact that we do have good radio stations here and sometime when I feel like listening to something else I'll tune to one of them. I listen to various genres of music yet it's not really music I would buy to stick it on my iPod.

Larimani
10-11-2005, 12:10 PM
buy??? mwhahahahaha

10-11-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
buy??? mwhahahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I was wondering how long it would take to get this reply /images/graemlins/smile.gif

10-11-2005, 04:49 PM
iPod are so passe. Get yourself nice ghetto blaster.

Scotty O
10-12-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
buy??? mwhahahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

iRIVER is the way to go

10-12-2005, 03:47 AM
Cowon iAudio X5. Everything u could ever want in an MP3 player

10-12-2005, 07:03 AM
Thanks that one look pretty cool, still shopping I will probably wait until xmas come to see which way the market is heading...I don't really need the color screen of the nano...and the one you mention seems quite nice I might wait for the next generation to come out which I'm guessing will be smaller to compete the nano.

Maulik
10-12-2005, 07:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks that one look pretty cool, still shopping I will probably wait until xmas come to see which way the market is heading...I don't really need the color screen of the nano...and the one you mention seems quite nice I might wait for the next generation to come out which I'm guessing will be smaller to compete the nano.

[/ QUOTE ]

the nano is great.

it won't get much smaller they will increase capacity. additionally, it will be at least one year until you see something new if not more.

beaster
10-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Looks like Apple is revealing an updates to the full-size iPods today. The speculation is that its a video iPod.

Think Secret (http://www.thinksecret.com)

10-12-2005, 08:57 AM
This one look pretty cool but it's not yet available: http://www.alienware.com/intro_pages/alienware_ceiv.aspx

It does come with a little dock which include speakers. What I like is the expansion slot for memory cards...as that technology is expected to remain more or less the same you can increase the storage size in the future.

Guthrie
10-12-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People buy ipods specifically so they don't have to suffer through radio.

[/ QUOTE ]
Years before MP3s and things that played them, a friend of mine said if he ever got rich he was going to hire his own DJ to program and record his day's music so he wouldn't have to put up with bad music, worse DJs, and commercials.

FishHooks
10-15-2005, 05:32 PM
I was thinking of buying an Ipod...does it cost to download songs off of Itunes? Also anyone know of any online cupouns or deals on Ipods?

10-15-2005, 05:59 PM
It most definitly cost something to download songs of iTunes. As far as coupons...
http://www.google.com/search?q=ipod%20coupon

FishHooks
10-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Whats the difference between Itunes or an MP3's? Also how much per song are the Itunes.

10-15-2005, 07:27 PM
iTunes is basically Apple's music store where they sell you MP3s. It does have other features I don't know the details...I would think that prices vary from a couple of cents to $1 per songs or so.

You can still use regular MP3 acquired elsewhere with your iPod