PDA

View Full Version : I just talked to my Party contact

Inthacup
10-10-2005, 05:16 PM
I have just gotten off the phone with an affiliate manager at Party. He told me several times that rakeback is NOT endorsed by Party at this time. Any affiliate who is currently offering rakeback is doing so without Party’s consent and at his own risk.

While I can’t discuss the specifics of the conversation (at his request), Party seems to be creating an internal system that will act as an alternative to rakeback. He will be giving me more information on this in the next 2 days.

After hearing this, it is my recommendation that people wait a few days until this is cleared up before they decide to sign up for rakeback at Party. This is a chaotic time where people are scrambling to sign up again at Party. I think that it is in your best long-term interests to see how this situation develops before making your decision.

I'm sure someone is going to reply with 'I am endorsed by Party' or something along those lines. If this is the case, then it is most likely only an unofficial endorsement by another affiliate manager. And if that is true, then there are conflicting statements being made by the affiliate team and players should use extra caution at this time.

Cup

SinCityGuy
10-10-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He told me several times that rakeback is NOT endorsed by Party at this time. Any affiliate who is currently offering rakeback is doing so without Party’s consent and at his own risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've said that several times, but nobody ever takes me seriously because I'm not an insider or an affiliate. I'm just someone who does a lot of research and exercises a lot of common sense.

Mark my words, Party will go after an affiliate who openly endorses Party rakeback on an internet forum or a .com website.

10-10-2005, 05:27 PM
thank you.

Inthacup
10-10-2005, 05:27 PM
I have read most of your posts in this forum and they seem to be great advice.

It doesn't make any sense to jump into a new rakeback deal this soon after recent events.

pyroponic
10-10-2005, 05:28 PM
What you just says seems to conflict with what another moderator in this forum, craig_r, has been saying. Whose information is accurate?

spino1i
10-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeh I know that Craig and the Raketracker team say they will be offering rakeback from Party, and I know Craig is a mod in this forum so Id consider him a reputable source. Whose right here? So confused! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Digs
10-10-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So confused!

[/ QUOTE ]

That pretty much sums up my perspective /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think the best plan of action is to take a week long roadtrip (maybe hit up the B&M) and wait for the dust to settle a bit.

Inthacup
10-10-2005, 05:43 PM
It may or may not be in conflict. That's kinda the point. I believe Craig's comments are based on a previous conversation with an affiliate manager. It very well may be possible that RakeTracker will offer Party rakeback in the near future. The point is that nothing is official right now. The wise decision is to wait a few days until this gets cleared up.

Cup

Gregg777
10-10-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What you just says seems to conflict with what another moderator in this forum, craig_r, has been saying. Whose information is accurate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the OP's information is backed up by both a recent conversation with a Party manager, and also the actual writing on Party's T&C for affiliates:

"You shall not and shall not authorize, assist or encourage any third party to: 3.2.9 Offer any so-called “rake-back” schemes or similar which offers or allows a proportion of the player’s rake to be returned to the player in any form."

So unless Craig can give you something in writing, from Party, it seems the OP is correct.

I hope the OP is correct and that Party is working on an alternative to rakeback, but I don't see how it could possibly work.

Do they only offer it to those who did not sign up through an affiliate? Because otherwise you could do both.

sublime
10-10-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He told me several times that rakeback is NOT endorsed by Party at this time. Any affiliate who is currently offering rakeback is doing so without Party’s consent and at his own risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not surprising in the least.

[ QUOTE ]
While I can’t discuss the specifics of the conversation (at his request), Party seems to be creating an internal system that will act as an alternative to rakeback. He will be giving me more information on this in the next 2 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is.

NoChance
10-10-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I fear this "alternative" is what we just received last week, "Earn XXXXX amount of player points by Oct 30 and receive XXX in your account". It seems Party looks at how much you have played recently and then offers a bonus which is just a bit higher than you normally play in order to generate more play from you. Those who have not played in a while got a $100 bonus instead.

This wont work because each month your bonus will be harder to attain as your requirements keep increasing. Again they seem to be creating something where it's best to just play the minimum (or not at all) and leave for a while until you get your next offer. They need to stop with this silly nonsense.

I have to say that in the three+ years I have played online, PokerStars has always seemed to remain constant and nobody ever complains about them. There support is top notch. Their servers are top notch. Now that they have put in a few good years of solid promotions and advertising, their player base is top notch. I sit here asking myself why I bother with Party any more.

Vetstadium
10-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Sucks that it seems Party was first one out there and like many other businesses hard for competitors to catch up. Party has so many players any given night and with many weaker players hard to go elsewhere. I do play other sites for the multi table tourns but my SNG part time job is strictly a Party thing.

craig r
10-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Cup (the OP) and us are on the same page with this. Because of all the different information we have gotten, we want to make sure that what we do is completely on the up and up. We don't want what happened with Party about 6 months ago to happen again. We feel that by waiting we will be able to make a better decision.

We completely agree with Cup's advice and should know more in the next couple of days. We hope that people will not make hasty decisions based on possible incomplete or inaccurate information.

Please feel free to email me at support@raketracker.com and if you have any questions.

craig

spino1i
10-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Is it ok to deposit money into PartyPoker and begin playing again (without rakeback for the time being) before signing up for Rakeback or will they have some sort of 60-day inactive rule in place before you are eligible for rakeback?

craig r
10-10-2005, 06:29 PM
I can't say for certain anyting about a "60 day rule" or creating a new account once you already have one with Party. My "gut" would tell me that you should wait. But, I have no reasoning to really back that up.

craig

supersub
10-10-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it ok to deposit money into PartyPoker and begin playing again (without rakeback for the time being) before signing up for Rakeback or will they have some sort of 60-day inactive rule in place before you are eligible for rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

i just emailed craig that exact question. craig you can disregard my mail if you answer here instead.:)

Soleo
10-10-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do they only offer it to those who did not sign up through an affiliate? Because otherwise you could do both.

[/ QUOTE ]
They can prevent it by subtracting the "bonus" from MGR.

Gregg777
10-10-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fear this "alternative" is what we just received last week, "Earn XXXXX amount of player points by Oct 30 and receive XXX in your account". It seems Party looks at how much you have played recently and then offers a bonus which is just a bit higher than you normally play in order to generate more play from you. Those who have not played in a while got a $100 bonus instead. This wont work because each month your bonus will be harder to attain as your requirements keep increasing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The overall idea is fine with me, but if they increase it each month to manipulate us like you say, we will be slightly better than lab rats...

Gregg777
10-10-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks

pshabi
10-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Bitch, I am Party Poker and I say free booze and grass for everyone!

How's that for bakeback?

[ QUOTE ]
I have just gotten off the phone with an affiliate manager at Party. He told me several times that rakeback is NOT endorsed by Party at this time. Any affiliate who is currently offering rakeback is doing so without Party’s consent and at his own risk.

After hearing this, it is my recommendation that people wait a few days until this is cleared up before they decide to sign up for rakeback at Party. This is a chaotic time where people are scrambling to sign up again at Party. I think that it is in your best long-term interests to see how this situation develops before making your decision.

I'm sure someone is going to reply with 'I am endorsed by Party' or something along those lines. If this is the case, then it is most likely only an unofficial endorsement by another affiliate manager. And if that is true, then there are conflicting statements being made by the affiliate team and players should use extra caution at this time.

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]

popeye18
10-10-2005, 07:49 PM
My affiliate is also saying that hes talked to party and they have a rakeback deal set up already. Very confusing. I think im going to just wait awhile before doing anything. I think ill try out the stars limit games. They dont look too bad.

SinCityGuy
10-10-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My affiliate is also saying that hes talked to party and they have a rakeback deal set up already.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's F.O.S.

4thstreetpete
10-10-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have to say that in the three+ years I have played online, PokerStars has always seemed to remain constant and nobody ever complains about them. There support is top notch. Their servers are top notch. Now that they have put in a few good years of solid promotions and advertising, their player base is top notch. I sit here asking myself why I bother with Party any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerstars is without a doubt the best run poker site there is. I would NOT be playing at any other site if pokerstars were to be able to give me the same rakeback deal as I get from the skins. I'm sure a lot of other players would do the same but until they do I will not be playing at stars.

popeye18
10-10-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's F.O.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes always been very reputable and trust worthy as far as im concerned. If its not true then he might be being mislead or who knows whats going on. Im having nothing to do with party till everything is clear and out there.

10-10-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My affiliate is also saying that hes talked to party and they have a rakeback deal set up already.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's F.O.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

one of the mods said last night that they have one set up but will need a few days to tweak the details...the story today is that he is agreeing with the OP and that everyone should sit still and wait for the dust to settle....is everyone FOS bout this cos they all got caught up in the excitement of it all??

makes perfect sense to wait even if the most reputable affiliate in the world offers u a golden egg at party......everythings up in the air at the minute and nerves need to be settled before any more big promises are made by anyone.

CardSharpCook
10-10-2005, 09:31 PM
I hate party.

Stu Pidasso
10-10-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokerstars is without a doubt the best run poker site there is. I would NOT be playing at any other site if pokerstars were to be able to give me the same rakeback deal as I get from the skins. I'm sure a lot of other players would do the same but until they do I will not be playing at stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

As ridiculous as my emails are, at least Party answers them. The only reason I can think of that Pokerstars will not answer my emails is because they suck.

Stu

sublime
10-10-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoy!

TomHimself
10-10-2005, 10:14 PM
so party is gonna do a internal rakeback like a pokerchamps type deal? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

10-10-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now that they have put in a few good years of solid promotions and advertising, their player base is top notch. I sit here asking myself why I bother with Party any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the player base is the only reason to be at Party. I agree with everyting you say about Stars, love the software, tourneys, like hte FPP point program. But that "top notch" player base makes it less profitable for the multi table grinders out there...

joelmick
10-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Food for thought:

Did Party management just wake up one day and decide they would separate from the skins? Did they just rush into implementing it, and--oops--they just forgot to think about how this would affect affiliates and rakeback? I have no inside knowledge or vested interest, but I cannot believe that is what happened.

My guess is that Party has decided to wait out all the rakeback players and affiliates. They figure that all the pros can only quit playing on Party for so long (1 week, 2 weeks?) before they are forced to sign up for an account directly or through an existing affiliate. Then, if the sign-up is through an affiliate offering rakeback, Party can terminate the affiliate for violation of their agreement and take the account for themselves.

I am sure Party will offer some kind of player incentives eventually, because they need to complete with all the other sites. But it is prudent business strategy on their part to take their time about it, because time only works to their advantage.

Stu Pidasso
10-10-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the player base is the only reason to be at Party. I agree with everyting you say about Stars, love the software, tourneys, like hte FPP point program. But that "top notch" player base makes it less profitable for the multi table grinders out there...

[/ QUOTE ]

The software sucks. You have to join each tables waitlist individually and sometimes the buttons don't work.

Stu

Unabridged
10-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Party can say all they want in public about being against rakeback, but the fact is they turned back on individual trackers for some affiliates. if thats not an endorsement, then what is?

StellarWind
10-10-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not as simple as that. Suppose you get 25% rakeback from an affiliate and Party also gives you 25% of your rake as a bonus. If Party subtracts the bonus from MGR, your MGR will still be 75% of your total rake. You will now receive 25% of your rake from Party plus 25% * 75% = 18.75% from your affiliate. You get back 43.75% of your total rake.

I'm sure that's more than Party wants to pay, regardless of whether the affiliate keeps his share or gives it to the player.

Any rational rakeback plan must come out of the affiliate's pocket. They cannot pay the full amount to both the player and the affiliate.

Inthacup
10-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Party can say all they want in public about being against rakeback, but the fact is they turned back on individual trackers for some affiliates.

I was talking to an affiliate manager on the phone. He wasn't writing a press release.

My individual trackers are visible on my affiliate account. That does not mean they endorse rakeback. There are many other reasons that affiliates need to see individual tracker stats aside from rakeback.

Cup

stu-unger
10-10-2005, 11:42 PM
a few of the affiliates that advertise on this site are advertising party rb, including the one i use. i just dont get it, i want to know the truth str8 from the horses mouth...

greg nice
10-11-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

My individual trackers are visible on my affiliate account. That does not mean they endorse rakeback. There are many other reasons that affiliates need to see individual tracker stats aside from rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

this may be so, but it just seems too coincidental for them to simultaneous turn these trackers back on when they know a lot of players are migrating back.

bugstud
10-11-2005, 12:09 AM
I guess this boils down to if you guys get paid at the end of the month or not, huh.

Python49
10-11-2005, 12:12 AM
What I don't get is how if i'm just another affiliate but I decide on my own that I want to offer my players rakeback under the table on my own.. out of my own pocket, how party poker even knows im doing this. Like taking a % of the rakeback my customers are generating me and just give it back to them...through pay pal or something, how party poker knows im doing this. If I have a friend for example whose an affiliate and I sign up through him, and he pays me in cash next time I see him in person.. how does party know i'm getting rakeback. If it's by the simple fact that someone is using an individual tracker... well what about those affiliates who never lost access to individual tracking, couldn't they still offer rakeback? If so, why would party allow them to have trackers and offer rakeback but not other affiliates?

Obviously the ones who are advertising publicly about rakeback will get shut down, but im talking about the ones who do it privately with their customers/players. Is it the more individual trackers you are running the more obvious it is you are giving out rakeback and they shut you down? Also confused as to how some affiliatse are offering such high %s while othesr are saying the max possible is 25.

10-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Why did you guys delete Stoxtrader's post?

He was finally bringing some actual information to this thread....

AAAA
10-11-2005, 12:27 AM
Well, how many of you have already signed up for some kind of deal? Why would Party offer anything better if you cannot listen to InThaCup and wait for a little while?

There are all sorts of sites out there to play. If you have put all your eggs in one basket, and now you lost your basket, you can cry or you can look for a new basket.

You can promise yourself you won't get caught like this again, or you can just run and take whatever is offered, and assure the sites that they don't have to consider players as any kind of effective force in the market.

O'Doyle and InThaCup have both suggested some kind of unified action to show some solidarity and strength. I agree that patience is a virtue that poker players need. If you don't have it, quit poker!

no one you can reach easily at Party Gaming is ever going to tell you they will allow rake back programs. It is their leash that keeps affiliates in line.

However, woe to any affiliate who thinks they can stop working for "the man!" and pity any player who gets comfortable with any deals that they might get temporarily!

I keep seeing pictures in my mind of affiliates running faster and faster on those hamster treadmills trying to keep up with ever growing demands for new revenue to keep them from reducing payments for existing players.

Then I see players having gradually increasing quotas to keep getting what they thought they had already earned in rake rebate programs.

Once the juggernaut has all the aces, what will you have to do to keep what you thought you had already earned? Remember PokerNow? Affiliates were given the opportunity to take a tiny lump sum amount in exchange for future revenue or else?

If poker players aren't patient enough to show any kind of solidarity or patience like avoiding a site for a week or two, maybe we deserve to be on a leash.

jason_t
10-11-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree; deleting it is absurd.

mikech
10-11-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i didn't get to read his post before it got deleted. even if he referred to his site, doesn't he advertise on 2+2 and would have that privilege?

10-11-2005, 12:43 AM
He did not refer to his site in any way. The Moderators of this forum just dont want anyone else to be heard.

pyroponic
10-11-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why doesn't someone repeat what his post said (assuming you saw it)?

jason_t
10-11-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why doesn't someone repeat what his post said (assuming you saw it)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw it. He didn't refer to his site. I don't want to repeat the content since it seems likely it will cause a conflict in this forum.

10-11-2005, 12:52 AM
There is a post in the internet gambling forum repeating what he said.

CardSharpCook
10-11-2005, 01:34 AM
this is a very shady forum. Very dirty and underhanded form of advertising. I don't like it at all.

flair1239
10-11-2005, 02:25 AM
I am seeing very definitive language on this situation from my affiliate who I have a Absolute and UB deal with.

He is saying on his site he will be set up tonight or tommorrow. He also says there will be a soloution for existing players.

I have also heard other things just about the exact opposite of what you guys have been saying.

The whole deal makes me want to just go play other sites. Except that would be too simple. Anyway the ones who are really looking bad in this wholoe thing are the affiliates,a lot of tail chasing seems to be going on.

goofball
10-11-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a very shady forum. Very dirty and underhanded form of advertising. I don't like it at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Inthacup
10-11-2005, 03:03 AM
Crossposted from the Zoo

The information stox provides in this post is of minimal use to a player. It is little more than an announcement that Stox is offering Party rakeback. Like he said, it is well known that rakeback is currently being offered. What isn't known is how safe it is or if it is official. If his approach was more informative and less of an ad, then we would have left it up.

If Stox has some official information from Party regarding rakeback, I would be happy to hear it. The fact that he's offering rakeback when affiliate managers are saying 'don't do rakeback' is NOT helpful to a player. It is dangerous. Even if he was given permission from an affiliate manager, it is clear that even the affiliate department is still unsure of how to proceed. Is now really the best time to sign up for rakeback?

I WANT Party to allow rakeback. But, Party has shown on several occasions that they do not want rakeback to be offered. Jumping into an unofficial rakeback deal is highly risky and Stox should know better than to put players at that kind of risk without more clarification.

Cup

jason_t
10-11-2005, 03:36 AM
I think it's pretty clear that your viewpoint is biased. I've elaborated in the other thread enough already.

Schwartzy61
10-11-2005, 03:43 AM
Biased? Most probably.

Still good information? Definitely.

10-11-2005, 07:27 AM
Confused player posts: how many affiliates out there would be happy if i forwarded details of their offers on to party for confirmation that they are legit? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm not saying I'd actually ever do that, but just talking about it might help sort out the affiliates really talking to party from the chaff?

Gotta wait this one out.

Pol.

OrianasDaad
10-11-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how many affiliates out there would be happy if i forwarded details of their offers on to party for confirmation that they are legit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did that with two offers that showed up in my inbox. Hoping to hear back from party before the end of the month. Stay tuned.

OrianasDaad
10-11-2005, 09:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how many affiliates out there would be happy if i forwarded details of their offers on to party for confirmation that they are legit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did that with two offers that showed up in my inbox. Hoping to hear back from party before the end of the month. Stay tuned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reply from Party:

----------

Dear OrianasDaad,

Thank you for contacting us.

This is to inform you that PartyPoker.com does not offer rake back promotion. However, we do offer bonuses frequently to our players playing at our site.

-snip-

----------

tigerite
10-11-2005, 09:16 AM
It's true, they don't offer rakeback promotion. That's not to say they don't offer the same under a different name though (through affiliates), and anyway the monkeys who reply don't know their arses from their elbows at the best of times.

stoxtrader
10-11-2005, 09:29 AM
A couple quick things.

1. We are not going to publicly disclose our arrangement on these boards, mostly for competitive reasons.

2. We do not offer [censored]. We offer player award bonuses.

3. verifying this with party may or may not satisfy many of you, basically depends who the email gets too.

4. other affiliates are understandably miffed that we are *somewhat* "first to market". I encourage them to follow suit. Some already have, some may have even beat us, but we might have cast a wider net so to speak.

OrianasDaad
10-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Just to clarify.

One of the e-mails I received from an affiliate was titled: RAKE BACK

The other contained the line: We are pleased to extend you a monthly Action Bonus ("XXXX XXXX") of 25%* of the rake you pay on Party...

* Eligible accounts must have over $1,000 in rake for the month. All other accounts paid 20%.

These rakeback deals were not disguised as "player award bonuses". It's pretty cut and dried what these deals are.

Not that I particularly care what other folks here do with their money. I'm just relaying info that I received from (albiet a less-than-impeccable source) a PP customer service rep.

HesseJam
10-11-2005, 10:25 AM
I dunno if it does any good to the cause when all sorts of stuff is discussed in this forum.

A couple of affilliates have my e-mail and I am looking forward to receiving more offers by mail. I will solicit offers at other sites.

I suggest to everybody to have a look at the classifieds and inquire for offers at the reputable sites via mail instead of posting here.

Sometimes doing the legwork yourselves is better.

JTrout
10-11-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno if it does any good to the cause when all sorts of stuff is discussed in this forum.

A couple of affilliates have my e-mail and I am looking forward to receiving more offers by mail. I will solicit offers at other sites.

I suggest to everybody to have a look at the classifieds and inquire for offers at the reputable sites via mail instead of posting here.

Sometimes doing the legwork yourselves is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arnfinn Madsen
10-11-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Crossposted from the Zoo

The information stox provides in this post is of minimal use to a player. It is little more than an announcement that Stox is offering Party rakeback. Like he said, it is well known that rakeback is currently being offered. What isn't known is how safe it is or if it is official. If his approach was more informative and less of an ad, then we would have left it up.

If Stox has some official information from Party regarding rakeback, I would be happy to hear it. The fact that he's offering rakeback when affiliate managers are saying 'don't do rakeback' is NOT helpful to a player. It is dangerous. Even if he was given permission from an affiliate manager, it is clear that even the affiliate department is still unsure of how to proceed. Is now really the best time to sign up for rakeback?

I WANT Party to allow rakeback. But, Party has shown on several occasions that they do not want rakeback to be offered. Jumping into an unofficial rakeback deal is highly risky and Stox should know better than to put players at that kind of risk without more clarification.

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]

That somebody does not want you to offer rakeback (Party affiliate manager) does not necessarily mean that he does not want some others to do it (over or under the table). I have no clue if he does, but I am getting a feeling you guys pretend to "be in the know" without actually being it.

My take on this (from similar situations in other businesses), is that the CEO of Party currently does not include his Affiliate Manager in all his inner thoughts on this subject since at such a time he can't be to careful on information not leaking anywhere.

This is just speculation, but I would advice everyone to wait to accept any offer until some time has gone, and not to view the mods here as authorities on this subject.

GrannyMae
10-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Mark my words, Party will go after an affiliate who openly endorses Party rakeback on an internet forum or a .com website.

mark his words...

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/j0/clever.gif

smart man

GrannyMae
10-11-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they will subtract the affiliate's portion. affiliate numbers will drop, but they will be able to keep it all. remember that these mega-affiliates are working for a VERY small percentage in terms of profit.

this levels the playing field between affiliates that give rakeback, and those who don't. it will no longer matter who you sign up with.

those that lost a ton of players to the skins will get them back, and the mega affiliates with the huge bases will do just fine as long as they can retain. retention should be easier with a program like this.

the net effect is that those affiliates that had a ton of accounts before this change will be in much better shape than those entering the market.

ThePimpulator
10-11-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think there should be a message at the top of the page in this forum informing people that this is not like the other forums here at 2+2. When I came here I was attracted by the name "Affiliate/Rakeback." I assumed I would be able to read and talk about finding the best rakeback deal out there. For that there needs to be open discussion.

Reading for a few days here Ive realized this is simply a forum set up by some people so they can get your business. It is going under the guise of a discussion room, but the last thing they really want here is any freedom of information. The last thing they want is for people to actually know about the options available to them.

If the mods have paid 2+2 to be able to run this forum then fine. They are allowed to do what they wish. But they should inform people that this forum is different and that you will not get an impartial view of things here. I just wasted three days staying up to date with this place because there was no disclaimer stating it is privately maintained.

See ya.

(Hope the one person that got to read this before it was yanked found it interesting)