PDA

View Full Version : Losing as much money as possible with T8s

Spicymoose
10-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Had no reads on either villains. I dunno why I raised the turn, I guess I just saw that I had top pair + open ended, and went crazy with it. Given my raise, I think I definetly should have folded to the first river bet.

Comments?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (12 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Yarney
10-10-2005, 07:18 PM
I don't like your turn raise with the CO betting into you again after you had already raised him on the flop. You should have called, tried to hit your draw, and possibly called the river anyway. It would have cost you the same as just the turn raise (assuming there wwas no re-raise behind you).

I just can't imagine a hand that you are ahead of that the cutoff would bet the turn with here.

-Yarney

deepsquat
10-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Assuming CO donks the turn and we call, can we really fold this river when CO leads the river??? i call this down everytime vs unknowns. When someone behind me raises then obviously its an easy fold.

witeknite
10-10-2005, 08:54 PM
With AT, the turn raise isn't bad. As is, even loosies don't limp PF with T6 much and I don't think he's donking a 9. The river fold after BB c/r's both of you is good.

WiteKnite

10-10-2005, 09:06 PM
You probably shouldnt raise the turn, since knocking out the BB doesnt really matter should you hit your straight. And if you do hit your straight, you likely dont care what he has.

I dont think you should fold to the first river bet. The pot is big and people like to bluff when the board pairs. But when the BB raises after calling raises the whole time, he is either really terrible and tried an outrageous bluff on the river, or he has a really good hand and has let you guys do the betting/raising for him. Still, I think you played the river right here.

flawless_victory
10-10-2005, 09:12 PM
i like your play on all streets and would consider raising the river... CO is clearly a complete idiot.

Spicymoose
10-10-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i like your play on all streets and would consider raising the river... CO is clearly a complete idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if you are being sarcastic, I really can't tell. CO does seem to be acting really strange, and I think I could possibly be ahead of him, but raising? I really don't see the point of that. I'm not driving BB outa anything that beats me. Also, I am usually beat here even by CO, so a raise will most likely result in losing more money.

Sorry again if you were being sarcastic.

flawless_victory
10-10-2005, 09:27 PM
i was not being sarcastic at all. you have TP and this retard has declined to threebet you twice. raising may prevent an overcall from JT as well...
i wouldnt be surprised if CO ended up showing 44.

Spicymoose
10-10-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was not being sarcastic at all. you have TP and this retard has declined to threebet you twice. raising may prevent an overcall from JT as well...

[/ QUOTE ]

His play does seem extremely odd. But do you really think that that oddness means something that I beat over 50% of the time when he calls (factored in with folding out BB a hand that we tie with or beat)?

flawless_victory
10-10-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His play does seem extremely odd. But do you really think that that oddness means something that I beat over 50% of the time when he calls (factored in with folding out BB a hand that we tie with or beat)?

[/ QUOTE ]well he aint folding.. i also think you have to train monkeys like this to stop donking you constantly. they bet you raise. fast.

Spicymoose
10-10-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]well he aint folding.. i also think you have to train monkeys like this to stop donking you constantly. they bet you raise. fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you do have a good point, but I wanna know if others agree with this. I can see it possibly working, but I am not sure. How strong do you feel this is, standard?

10-10-2005, 10:45 PM
At 3-6 donk bets usually mean either:
1) top pair
2) something completely retarded

Also, just because he declined to 3bet doesnt mean his hand isnt 3bet worthy. Many players at 3-6 dont 3bet at all unless its with monsters.

witeknite
10-10-2005, 10:50 PM
And when they have a monster, they slow play.

WiteKnite