PDA

View Full Version : New to PLO omaha, limping hand range

AceofSpades
10-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Hi,

I'm new to PLO omaha, and I was wondering what general hand range do you limp preflop? Sometimes it seems like I hardly ever play a hand, while waiting for double pair, four in a row, three in a row with suited ace, aces double suited, etc.

Am I missing some value playing like this, or is that pretty standard list of playable hands? Should I be playing any 4 cards in a row with one gap?

Ps. I usually play full table

Joseph

liquid
10-10-2005, 05:16 PM
IMO the answer lies in what you're looking to bump around with post-flop, given (a) table conditions and (b) your comfort level with post-flop play.

If you only like getting involved with flopped sets and nuts w/redraws, you might want to stick with what you're doing.

If you don't mind betting strong with good draws, then gappers can be very playable for wraps.

If you feel locked in on when your opponents are weak and when they are on ropey draws, then you can extend your range further. For example, if you don't mind applying occasional pressure with two pair on draw-heavy boards or top pair good kickers on raggedy boards, then a fistful of relatively high cards can work for you. Some of the more aggressive posters might have better info along these lines.

I'm generally tight pre-flop, but I will always limp with connectors with a gap at the low end (T985, 8754), will sometimes limp with a jumble of disconnected high cards (AJT7) or single-suited high cards with a dangler (AKJ4), and am a sucker for crappy two pair hands (6633).