PDA

View Full Version : Mike Martz resigning?

10-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Just heard a rumor that Mike Martz is going to step down. I am guessing this, if true, is health related. Anyone?

lastsamurai
10-10-2005, 04:31 PM
I heard he was in the hospital last week for a few days from an irregular heartbeat. He should take a TIME OUT!

Soul Daddy
10-10-2005, 04:31 PM
From an e-mail I just received from footballguys.com:

"The buzz out of St. Louis from KMOX 1120 radio in St. Louis and the St. Louis Post Dispatch is that Rams head coach Mike Martz may step down today.

He missed practice today and cancelled his normal 3 pm news conference. Team president John Shaw is scheduled to speak at a 5 p.m. news conference.

Coach Martz was back in the hospital today receiving more treatment for the infection in his heart valve.

This is somewhat surprising as Martz spoke quite a bit yesterday after the game about how much better he was feeling and he praised his doctors for jumping on the situation so quickly. He sounded down after a defeat as one would expect but definitely talked like things were vastly improved from where they had been.

Again, all this is speculation at this point. Let's wait for the for news from John Shaw to see what's up here. I'm just passing along to you what I'm hearing."

Clarkmeister
10-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Confirmed minimum 6-week medical leave of absence. Will likely lead to a resignation, but that is definitely NOT the case yet.

lastsamurai
10-10-2005, 06:28 PM
oh man...As much as i hate him as a coach i wish him the best of luck. Thats how somebody i know died.

sammysusar
10-10-2005, 07:32 PM
i was just hoping it wont hurt bulger as a fantasy weapon.

Victor
10-10-2005, 08:02 PM
pick up faulk in fantasy.

tech
10-10-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pick up faulk in fantasy

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

sammysusar
10-10-2005, 10:03 PM
yeah if it helps anyone it will help jackson. even faulk says jackson is better than him now. but i doubt all that much will change since it is the same staff.

Victor
10-11-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah if it helps anyone it will help jackson. even faulk says jackson is better than him now. but i doubt all that much will change since it is the same staff.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. faulk says that its better for the team (in the future) if jackson plays.

if youve watched faulk play this year its pretty apparent he still has it.

Jack of Arcades
10-11-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. faulk says that its better for the team (in the future) if jackson plays.

if youve watched faulk play this year its pretty apparent he still has it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he doesn't still have the ball - 2 fumbles in 15 rushes!