PDA

View Full Version : SNGPT and PS

lmw
10-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Does SNGPT work well with Poker Stars SNGs? I have read some post on the sngpt forum and there seems to be some issues. Has this been cleared up since the initial release?

eastbay
10-10-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does SNGPT work well with Poker Stars SNGs? I have read some post on the sngpt forum and there seems to be some issues. Has this been cleared up since the initial release?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Stars support is relatively new (last month or so), so there have been some initial release issues getting ironed out.

No "official release" supports stars yet, only the test releases which are "good enough to try the latest stuff" but not officially blessed as production quality. The main thing left at this point is occasionally someone will come across a screenname that has a funky symbol in it that isn't recognized by the tournament reader. Fixing this is a 1-2 day turnaround to a new release.

The only other issue that's been reported is that the buy-in isn't set automatically. This is because pstars doesn't include the buy-in in the main history file, only in the "summary" files, and SNGPT currently doesn't read those. You can set this yourself, and even if you don't, it doesn't affect the calculations other than a constant scale factor on the displayed dollar amounts.

eastbay

bluefeet
10-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I've been using it the past month or so with Stars. I've found it worth the investment, despite the few "name" problems Eastbay mentioned (on a few HH's, I've edited the history in notepad, replacing a goofy name first).

Good stuff though, buy it if you can.