PDA

View Full Version : So I just got caught pushbotting...

pokerdirty
10-10-2005, 03:55 PM
i was in 4th of 6th, but still had to so some catching up to do to get to 3rd.

the guy to my left has 60% of what i have, and i push with A2 as the SB (no one else has entered).

BB calls with KQ, and catches a K on the turn.

i'm now down to about 7-8 BBs, and it gets folded around to me on the button.

Do i have to tighten up here since i just got caught, or can i push my stack in again? What ranges should I be pushing with.

This is a somewhat loose 10p1 on PR.

Thanks in advance,

Shaf

axeshigh
10-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Just do what you gotta do. And you didn't exactly get caught, he had a worse hand than you did.

schwza
10-10-2005, 03:58 PM
it's not like you just got caught pushing 62o. you had an A. i wouldn't sweat the image issue too much.

in order to give a push range, we need stack sizes for everyone and blinds. if you don't know exactly, make it up.

Nicholasp27
10-10-2005, 04:01 PM
if u lost 60% of ur stack and now have 7-8 bbs, then u had 12-13 bbs before your push

i wouldn't push with >10bbs with a2, even on sb...a2 is gonna be up against 2 in-between cards or pp...so not much better than a coinflip if called

now u have 7-8bbs...well, 7.5 bbs means the blinds are 20% of ur stack, so u push first in pot with any decent holding, with the word 'decent' being defined looser the closer u are to sb

being on the button, it's decently loose, but u also are at taht 7.5 cutoff point, not in the 5bb territory

so your pushing ranges should be decently limited...maybe pps, broadways, 78s+, a6s+

schwza
10-10-2005, 04:02 PM
effective stack on the a2 hand was something like 6 bb's. easy push.

Nicholasp27
10-10-2005, 04:05 PM
he had over 10bbs...he should have just done bet it up to 3bbs, not pushed

kevkev60614
10-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Edited because I'm a dolt.

pokerdirty
10-10-2005, 04:09 PM
i'm not stressing over the fact that i pushed with A2, got called and lost a flip.

my concern is that i'm going to get called by him again if he has even a marginal hand. i'm now fifth with the blinds increasing soon, and i was playing aggressive to even get where i was.

if he calls me with KQo for his tournament, i'm wondering what it's going to take for him to call again.

pokerdirty
10-10-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BB had ~ 5 BBs left.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't remember the exact numbers, i'm estimating.

fnord_too
10-10-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing schwza's point. Villain had 6bb so that is effectively what hero had for that hand. You absolutely must consider effective stacks, especially when you do not want to get called.

microbet
10-10-2005, 04:12 PM
I don't think your image is much affected. A2 is solid and while KQ might not have been a great call for him, it wasn't a terrible hand either. None of it means he thinks you are pushing trash or he is willing to call with a huge range.

pokerdirty
10-10-2005, 04:13 PM
OT: if any of you play PR, do you notice the 11s or 22s getting tighter? i took a few weeks off from the 22s because 1. i had to pay some bills and 2. i wasn't playing very well. i spent a lot of time lurking in the STT forum and sending HHs to a good friend. i feel like i'm getting to level 6 (100-200) with 8 people remaining, and i feel like it never used to be like this.

bones
10-10-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if he calls me with KQo for his tournament, i'm wondering what it's going to take for him to call again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I have a read on you being overly tight, I'd call my last 5bbs with KQ here against a sb push. And I'm a lot tighter than most people as far as calling standards go.

pokerdirty
10-10-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I have a read on you being overly tight, I'd call my last 5bbs with KQ here against a sb push. And I'm a lot tighter than most people as far as calling standards go.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't mean to necessarily put it this way. I would have called too. the first hand he called 2 all ins with A8s and sucked out a flush against QQ and JJ.

I'm pretty sure i have to wait for a good hand instead of open pushing hoping for some folds.

10-10-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure i have to wait for a good hand instead of open pushing hoping for some folds.

[/ QUOTE ]Remember that part of the equity in pushing is from winning hands when you are called even though you are an underdog. It might be better to take your 40% shot now than wait until you have an even smaller stack and have a 60% chance of winning the hand.

10-10-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do i have to tighten up here since i just got caught, or can i push my stack in again? What ranges should I be pushing with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you need to tighten up here.

You didn't really get caught, you were ahead when you pushed. The guy was desperate, and even though he saw you only had A2 there's a chance his calling standards have gone *down*, not up. This is because he is not as desperate any longer. Plus, he got all his money in with the worst hand last time he called you and was getting ready to pack his bags when the K spiked. That's not a desireable situation for him.

zambonidrivr
10-10-2005, 04:57 PM
standard.

pokerdirty
10-10-2005, 05:01 PM
thanks all for the help.

shaf

splashpot
10-10-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're only betting what the BB has. You're not betting all 13BB, only the 5-6BB that the BB has. Effectively only a 5-6BB push.

Sykes
10-10-2005, 05:28 PM
I wonder why people are bashing BB by calling with KQ? I would call fast with KQ with 6-7BB and it's not even close.

10-10-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder why people are bashing BB by calling with KQ? I would call fast with KQ with 6-7BB and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't really think anyone was bashing him.

splashpot
10-10-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Who's bashing? I wasn't.

Cactus Jack
10-10-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only did they not bash him, but backed up his call.

Nice hand thread.

CJ