PDA

View Full Version : Reduced Rake and Bonus

IaHawk
10-10-2005, 03:16 PM
I was wondering what effect reduced rake would have on a bonus structure.

I came across a site (raiseandfold.com) that is offering 100% initial deposit bonus and reduced rake tables.

Due to the reduced rake tables, will that have a big impact on how long it should take me to clear my bonus. I normally play on 3/6 fixed, bare minimum 2/4 fixed.

Should I even care about the bonus since I am getting reduced rake $2 over $3?

I am trying to figure out which way has the best benefit in the long term. I posted up $350 and got $350 in bonus money.

Is there a way to figuge out how many games I will need to play to clear the bonus compared to the reduced rake # of hands needed to be ahead?

Obviously I have to win pots to get ahead, but when you think about the rake and the bonus tied in, that's more money to my account in one way or the other, I guess.

I probably messed up what I am trying to ask, if it makes sense I appreciate the replies in advance.

IaHawk
10-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Anyone want to at least take a stab at it? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Benholio
10-10-2005, 05:50 PM
You would really need to know exactly how the bonus is cleared, and exactly how rake is taken in each scenario. Then, with a relatively small sample of hands you can see which scenario benefits you the most.

example: say in scenario 1, you pay .67/hand in rake, and gain .30 in bonus money on each of those hands, for a net .37 rake paid. scenario 2 might look something like .57 paid in rake, and .25 gained in bonus, for a net .32 rake paid.

IaHawk
10-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Thanks Ben good idea.

IaHawk
10-11-2005, 12:13 AM
Any other thoughts?

livinitup0
10-11-2005, 12:37 AM
You need to figure out what % your RB will be with the bonus. Have you checked to see if the rake actually accumulates at the same rate as other tables? Ive heard of sites doing this but will lower the pot amount vs. rake amount so in actuality you nd up paying the same or more. Ive never heard of this site, I would stay "on lighted streets only" when it comes to my money.

IaHawk
10-11-2005, 07:14 PM
The rake back is the same even on the reduced rake tables.

I checked out the site before depositing, there is nothing to worry about. It's a smaller network, but backed by deep pockets.

I hear what you say to put the money in where it's safe, this company has been in the business on the net for approx 8 years. No issues that I could find or that noone could find when inquiring around.

Thanks for the feedback.