PDA

View Full Version : General Consenus on David Carr

Frills
10-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Wondering what folks think of him as an NFL QB. Is he inept, or just on a pitiful team and being forced to deal with the pleasures of not having a line or a defense to help him out?

What are the odds of him getting killed by the pathetic OL?

Vince Young
10-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Biggest bust ever.

TheRover
10-10-2005, 01:51 PM
His offensive line may have killed his career. I think there's still a chance he has success elsewhere, but it won't be anytime soon.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-10-2005, 01:55 PM
My recommendation for the Texans is to move on and get to work ruining Leinart's career.

pokerdirty
10-10-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My recommendation for the Texans is to move on and get to work ruining Leinart's career.

[/ QUOTE ]

you would have thought the bungles would have done the same to the last USC quarterback...

tech
10-10-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is he inept

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
on a pitiful team

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
forced to deal with not having a line or a defense to help him out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Soul Daddy
10-10-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Biggest bust ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hyperbolize much?

sammysusar
10-10-2005, 02:11 PM
The interesting thing is that carr actually had a decent yr last yr. So is he totally helpless? i dont think so. He has one very good receiver and an ok running back. other than that his supporting cast stinks.
So i dont think he is as hopeless as j. harrington. brees was completely written off also.
in the right situation i think carr can be adequate.

McGahee
10-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Worst OL in the game.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-10-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Biggest bust ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hyperbolize much?

[/ QUOTE ]
No [censored]. How quickly people forget Ryan Leaf.

TheRover
10-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Ryan Leaf>Craig Whelihan. I [censored] hate that [censored] piece of [censored] so much.

10-10-2005, 02:43 PM
He's not good enough and they need to get rid of him. They drafted him to be the "pretty boy figurehead" of the new franchise... to get people excited. Fresh organization gets a fresh-faced new QB.

That was great and all the first few years, now it's high time to get someone who knows what the F he's doin.

imported_anacardo
10-10-2005, 02:48 PM
There is nothing wrong with David Carr. If he didn't play for an inept franchise with an inadequate front office, overmatched coaching staff, miserable line and crappy defense he would be one of the better quarterbacks in the league.

imported_CaseClosed326
10-10-2005, 02:50 PM
I am sure he could make a good backup somewhere. It is just a shame that his o-line is so bad. You gotta feel bad for a young guy like that getting thrown to the wolves.

jakethebake
10-10-2005, 03:20 PM
I'm torn. I loved the kid his rookie year. Not many guys could take an NFL record number of sacks and take every snap. One tough kid. We'll probably never know what he could do on a real team. He may still be a bust, but neither he nor we will probably ever know.

Bulldog
10-10-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Biggest bust ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's career would you rather have, Carr's or Akili Smith's?

Aceshigh7
10-10-2005, 05:32 PM
I think David Carr sucks. Yes, the offensive line is horrible, but Carr just seems to have really bad instincts.

I would beef up the line and see if we could draft Vince Young from UT. He seems to have good football sense and also is very mobile.

pokerdirty
10-10-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would beef up the line and see if we could draft Vince Young from UT. He seems to have good football sense and also is very mobile.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahbust.

and no Vince Young, i don't say this because you beat OSU.

battschr
10-10-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing wrong with David Carr. If he didn't play for an inept franchise with an inadequate front office, overmatched coaching staff, miserable line and crappy defense he would be one of the better quarterbacks in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-10-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
draft Vince Young from UT

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. This would be insanely popular in Texas - for a year. That is, until they find out he's more Kordell Stewart or Antwaan Randle El than Michael Vick.

Vince Young
10-10-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahbust.

and no Vince Young, i don't say this because you beat OSU.

[/ QUOTE ]
What about Michael Robinson?

sammysusar
10-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Robinson looked like a beast against OSU. Mostly running though. Probably definitely has a future in the NFL at wideout or running back. Would suppose wideout. Troy Smith is supposed to be an athletic Qb but he looked like no match for robbinson in terms of athleticism.

BWebb
10-10-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more correct than the other responses. People love to blame a single person or say a single person sucks in football when it is really hard for it to be one individual's fault. He has a good RB, that's about it. Everyone says AJ is a stud because he started good last year. Then they started to focus on him and now he can't get open. The fact that they have no real threat to speak of on the other side doesn't help. His OL is pathetic as everyone knows. They have given up 27 sacks in 4 games with a mobile QB. Imagine if Warner was back there. The coaching staff and front office sucks. I mean, last year they traded a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th to move up 13 spots to get Jason Babin, who was benched this year. They already fired their O-Coordinator and the rest of the staff will go at seasons end. Put him on a team like the Bengals or Detroit and he is putting up very good numbers.

imported_anacardo
10-10-2005, 08:10 PM
The Babin decision deserves a special sucktacular asterisk in the history books.

ucfryan
10-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Offensive line has been so bad I don't know if there's any way to really judge him. He has had his lapses though.

Jack of Arcades
10-10-2005, 08:53 PM
He's probably around an average or slightly below average QB. Definitely hurt by his team.

jakethebake
10-11-2005, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's probably around an average or slightly below average QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but we'll never know how much of this is due to the fact that he never had a chance to learn anything or develop before being thrown in as a starter on an expansion team as a rookie.

Jack of Arcades
10-11-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's probably around an average or slightly below average QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but we'll never know how much of this is due to the fact that he never had a chance to learn anything or develop before being thrown in as a starter on an expansion team as a rookie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. That's the best and worst thing about football.

brettbrettr
10-11-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's probably around an average or slightly below average QB. Definitely hurt by his team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I read that he's lost all semblance of confidence too. I guess that'll happen when you get hit on every play.

Aytumious
10-11-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
draft Vince Young from UT

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. This would be insanely popular in Texas - for a year. That is, until they find out he's more Kordell Stewart or Antwaan Randle El than Michael Vick.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not as fast as Vick, but he's certainly a much better prospect than Kordell ever was. Randle El doesn't even come into the equation because he was never really considered a QB prospect.

jakethebake
10-14-2005, 08:44 AM
They were talking about Carr on the radio this morning. I had no idea he was on pace to beat the single season record for being sacked by like 30 sacks (iirc his rookie season was when the current record was set). That's insane. He's averaging over 7 sacks a game. When you include all the pressures, hits, etc. no wonder he makes bad decisions. I'm guessing pretty much anyone would.