PDA

View Full Version : Gyro's

unlucky513
10-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Gyro's are really good. i never knew lamb could taste so good.
what is that white sauce they put on it called? imho, that stuff makes the gyro.

steelcmg
10-10-2005, 11:33 AM
I dont think u want to know this

SL__72
10-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Its cucumber sauce...

CrazyEyez
10-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Tzatziki sauce or something like that.

Gyroi are highly underappreciated.

RunDownHouse
10-10-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tzatziki sauce

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the name under which you can usually find it.

steelcmg
10-10-2005, 11:37 AM
yea this is the way i have had it made before im sure there are other ways also.

1/2 c. low fat plain yogurt
1/4 c. chopped cucumber
1 tbsp. chopped onion
1/2 tsp. chopped fresh mint
1/4 tsp. salt

xadrez
10-10-2005, 11:50 AM
you need dill in this.

Isura
10-10-2005, 02:18 PM
If you like gyros, try out the President's Choice lamb burgers (this might not exist in the US though...) with the sauce. You'll never go back to beef burgers.

Cancer Merchant
10-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Gyro's what?

Voltron87
10-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Eh, you lika de juice??

J.A.Sucker
10-10-2005, 02:44 PM
When I was kid, we had friends who had a lamb ranch, and we'd buy a lamb every year and put it in the freezer. Lamb is an incredible meat, and I love lamb burgers, lamb sausage with eggs in the morning, all of that. I miss that stuff sometimes.

Gyros are where it's at, BTW.

asofel
10-10-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, you lika de juice??

[/ QUOTE ]

De juice is good, eh??

JihadOnTheRiver
10-10-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is that white sauce they put on it called?

[/ QUOTE ]

Greek baby juice

private joker
10-10-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gyro's what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nh

10-10-2005, 03:51 PM
OH boy u just done [censored] up. Wait till astroglide reads this man. He's gonna be real mad about Gyro's.
Are you also one of those people that says hamburger's and hotdog's?

GuyOnTilt
10-10-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You rule! I was having a discussion with Evan the other day about Gyros/Gyroi and had it somewhere in the back of my mind that that was the correct singular/plural, but had a hard time finding more than a couple non-official sites to back me up. Most online dictionaries had it Gyro/Gyros which I could've sworn was incorrect, but figured maybe the back of my mind was mistaken. We sure about this?

GoT

daryn
10-10-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You rule! I was having a discussion with Evan the other day about Gyros/Gyroi and had it somewhere in the back of my mind that that was the correct singular/plural, but had a hard time finding more than a couple non-official sites to back me up. Most online dictionaries had it Gyro/Gyros which I could've sworn was incorrect, but figured maybe the back of my mind was mistaken. We sure about this?

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

come on man. what's the plural of pizza? you would say pizzas, but an italian would say pizze.

by the way my girlfriend is from greece, i just asked and she says the plural in greek is gyri or gyroi, same thing.. but that's in GREEK. most of us don't speak greek here.

tonypaladino
10-10-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you prononce it right it's all good.

GuyOnTilt
10-10-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
come on man. what's the plural of pizza? you would say pizzas, but an italian would say pizze.

by the way my girlfriend is from greece, i just asked and she says the plural in greek is gyri or gyroi, same thing.. but that's in GREEK. most of us don't speak greek here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, gotcha. I didn't know any of that (including the pizza). It was just some rando piece of information in the back of my head. But yeah, good to know.

GoT

Isura
10-10-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When I was kid, we had friends who had a lamb ranch, and we'd buy a lamb every year and put it in the freezer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is awesome.

Maulik
10-10-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you like gyros, try out the President's Choice lamb burgers (this might not exist in the US though...) with the sauce. You'll never go back to beef burgers.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it good w/ mustard?

Isura
10-11-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is it good w/ mustard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never tried. Decent with ketchup, but some kind of hot sauce is preferrable.

Maulik
10-11-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is it good w/ mustard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never tried. Decent with ketchup, but some kind of hot sauce is preferrable.

[/ QUOTE ]

please try sans hot sauce and let me know how it turns out =]

Boris
10-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Here in Palo Alto they make Shwarma (or something like that). It's the Persian version of the Gyro. The sauce is made from tahini and it rocks. I like the Greek Gyro bread better though.

balkii
10-11-2005, 12:40 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
yea this is the way i have had it made before im sure there are other ways also.

1/2 c. low fat plain yogurt
1/4 c. chopped cucumber
1 tbsp. chopped onion
1/2 tsp. chopped fresh mint
1/4 tsp. salt

[/ QUOTE ]

no no no

cucumber
plain yogurt
garlic
salt
LEMON JUICE

Bradyams
10-11-2005, 12:48 AM
There's a little hookah cafe in Denver that makes awesome gyros.

A gyro, and a hookah smoke is an awesome lunch.