PDA

View Full Version : Giving up Online Poker

10-10-2005, 10:30 AM
OK, this is not a rant about how I think online poker is rigged and what not. But after losing a ton of money online, I feel like it's time to give up. I lose. I can't win at online poker. But do fairly well playing live.

I noticed that the difference b/t my online play and live play comes down to mainly one thing:

Online, I play LAG (per PT)
Live, I play like a rock.

This is strange b/c I feel like if I'm going to start playing marginal hands, it would happen playing live where you can't mutli table and the pace is slower.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Online, I play two tables at a time.

siccjay
10-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Play better online.

Live games are much easier than their online counterparts. Even the regulars in the poker room near me suck at poker. They must not do too bad there because they NEVER LEAVE.

witeknite
10-10-2005, 10:46 AM
You probably aren't thinking about decisions when playing online. It's so easy to just, click, click, click.

WiteKnite

JJNJustin
10-10-2005, 10:47 AM
The rake is much higher live, and it can boring because you dont have the game selection and the # of hands per hour is less. You do, however, get more "tells" and gut feelings. The rake, however, really gets ya in the long run.
-J

10-10-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You probably aren't thinking about decisions when playing online. It's so easy to just, click, click, click.

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, I can see myself doing this, almost like a robot.