PDA

View Full Version : Recently 'Quit' heavy smoking... throat hurts...

Deuce2High
10-10-2005, 09:21 AM
I could't find any info the internet... yes I'm asking for medical advice on a poker forum.

I recently quit heavily smoking. For about 6 months I was smoking a pack a day (Marlboro Methols) and I recently basically just went cold turkey. It was a combination of moving back to my parents house (my dad hated it) and having to take care of some family members for a few weeks where it was pretty inconvenient to step out every hour. As things have 'calmed' down, I recently started smoking a couple every day now, and my throat started hurting badly. Has anyone else experienced [censored] like this? I can barely swallow, and I feel like I have an infection or maybe even a relapse of bronchitis. But I only just started smoking again a few days ago. Can this happen?

xadrez
10-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Go to a doctor. Its probably nothing, but even so you might have an infection.

dcasper70
10-10-2005, 10:05 AM
Hey guys, I've started a habit that will cost me thousands of dollars a year, most likely kill me, discolor my teeth, make my clothes and breath smell, distort my sense of smell and taste, not to mention cause me immediate physical discomfort.

You've only invested 6 months into one of the worst habit's around. You stopped, rather easily it seems. You started again and your body's trying to tell you something.

how about you stop smoking? Or is that too simple a solution for you?

Before all the flaming begins, I smoked 2 packs a day for 12 years, quit 6 years ago. If I can keep anyone from picking it up, that's a good thing.

rusellmj
10-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Patient: Doc, it hurts when I do this .

Doctor: Don't do that.