PDA

View Full Version : eating crow. advice...

ClaytonN
10-10-2005, 08:49 AM
I'm stuck in a scenario where common sense says one thing but pride is another. I have a roomie that I'd rate at around a 4 out of 10 on a scale of 'good roomie'. we get along neutrally - but he does some [censored] that pisses me off and at the moment I'm not happy with him due to some other circumstances. If you were to ask him the same about me he would prob say the same thing except no pissed-off ness. So - the situation has come up that with some pulled strings I could room with a good friend of mine. question is if it's worth it or not. Part of me says I should try. Part of me also says I'm taking an easy way out. I don't want to burn bridges with the current roomie if I go through with it but that seems to be the pussy'ish viewpoint. I'm certain most of you had that roommate you didn't hate but wasn't enthusiastic about. Worth trying?

dibbs
10-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Another thought to consider is that pretty much everyone says not to room with good friends as it can cause problems, but not really sure about it.

This year I have two roommates I like and one that I can barely stand the presence of but he's never there anyways. The past two years I've roughed it out with roommates that pretty much sound like yours, and this year I find myself much much happier, it just makes life go smoother in general I think. I'd say go for it.

Lazymeatball
10-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Eh, it's already Columbus day weekend. You're kind of late in the semester to start changing roommates when your current roommmate is only kind of annoying but bearable. Basically, it seems like you would like the guy if you weren't living with him. But you should definitely look towards changing the situation for next semester. Tell your roommate now that you plan on moving so he has time to set something up for the spring as well.

pokerdirty
10-10-2005, 08:55 AM
i thought this thread was about eating this...

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/crows/images/deadcrow.jpg

but seriously, if you aren't happy with the guy you are rooming with now, then why the [censored] would you want to continue living with him? some of the things to think about with your old friend and moving in with him...1, does he bring back a lot of girls, 2, is he a slob, 3, do you think this will hurt your relationship if something unfortunate happens?

stigmata
10-10-2005, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to burn bridges with the current roomie

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably won't even remember what he looks like a couple of years down the line. Unless he's a future president or something, what's the worry?

splashpot
10-10-2005, 09:07 AM
I've been in your situation before. I moved in with my friend. I didn't regret it.

ClaytonN
10-10-2005, 09:18 AM
reason I'm eating crow is bc I thought he was a really cool guy at the beginning of the year and we could be good friends. sadly this is not the case. and I could not be friends with the guy even if we weren't roomies bc our personalities clash. that plus some things that would take me too long to type out on this phone keypad anyways (waiting for next class). Also the good friend of mine I met at college so its diff than getting a friend from back home to room with.

Dominic
10-10-2005, 11:08 AM
do you know what "eating crow" means???

schwza
10-10-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Part of me also says I'm taking an easy way out.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, you are.

but fortunately the hard way - staying in an apartment you don't like - has no redeeming qualities, so there's no reason (besides convenience) you shouldn't do it. you don't want to be this guy's friend, so screw it if it hurts his feelings. he'll probably be glad you're gone. this isn't like "should i skip my mom's funeral to get laid?" it's more like "should i punch myself in the face or go take a nice nap?"

miajag81
10-10-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not.

Sephus
10-10-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the question was pertty much rhetorical.

Boris
10-10-2005, 12:37 PM
What does this situation have to do with eating crow?

Sightless
10-10-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does this situation have to do with eating crow?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes? i wannaknow the same thing

10-10-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

'I don't think that means what you think it means.'

Reef
10-10-2005, 01:10 PM
my best friend up at school is probably my best friend and not just a friend because I lived right across the hall from him instead of as his roommate.

(clean vs. messy + annoying gf at the time)

TheMainEvent
10-10-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so, and that's unfortunate because I opened this really hoping to hear about someone having to eat crow.

Stuey
10-10-2005, 02:03 PM
All 3 of you are guys right?

You don't have to worry about hurting a guys feelings man we don't give a [censored]. Try and get the roommate you want and don’t think twice about it. The one you have will not give a rats ass why or when you leave don't feel bad about it. By moving out on him you are not missing any chance for some kind of personal growth to happen. He is a guy treat him as such he will appreciate it I'm sure.

You will have a much better chance at having fun with a roommate that you like imo go for it and raise hell. If this post sounds like I am being a jerk to you sorry but that is the way I talk to guys. Straight up truth saves time and your not going to cry right?

Ulysses
10-10-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
reason I'm eating crow is bc I thought he was a really cool guy at the beginning of the year and we could be good friends. sadly this is not the case. and I could not be friends with the guy even if we weren't roomies bc our personalities clash. that plus some things that would take me too long to type out on this phone keypad anyways (waiting for next class). Also the good friend of mine I met at college so its diff than getting a friend from back home to room with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clayton, say this, then people will think you actually knew what the phrase meant: "I am eating crow because I told all my friends this roomie was the awesomest in the world and they could all go f off and I don't need their sorry asses anymore with such an awesome friend, but now I need to get those friends back."

Sponger15SB
10-10-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to burn bridges with the current roomie

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably won't even remember what he looks like a couple of years down the line. Unless he's a future president or something, what's the worry?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I don't talk to any of my 4 roomates/suitemates from freshman year.

Boris
10-10-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly. I don't talk to any of my 4 roomates/suitemates from freshman year.

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz they are iceholes or because you are too cool for them?