PDA

View Full Version : 97s - What would you do on the turn?

Nick Royale
10-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Long time ago since I posted a hand, if anyone knows a link to a converter that works correct with partypoker hands please give me a link.

UTG+1 is 47/10/0.8 (large sample)
MP3 is 54/2/1.1 (44 hands)

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls, 1 fold, MP3 calls, 1 fold, Hero calls, 1 fold, BB checks.

Flop: (5.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="red"> MP3 raises $11.65 (All-In)</font> , Hero folds/calls/3-bets?

10-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Fold.

What hands can you beat here? You would be very lucky for them both to hold lower pocket pairs and there are a ton of hands these guys could play pre-flop and be ahead with. You don't have much chance to improve. A 9 on the river will only cost you more if someone has a T and split the pot against another 9.

I don't usually play $3/$6. $1/$2 or sometimes $2/$4 is more my limit, so maybe this advice is worth what it is costing you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

peterchi
10-10-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm not convinced that UTG+1 has anything more than a draw, so I 3-bet to extract some more from him, and take a free showdown if you get it.

I might fold to a river donk, even though the pot will be fairly large at that point; if he really wants to donk after a turn 3-bet, he either hit, or you can congratulate him with the pot for the size of his nutsack.

Buckmulligan
10-10-2005, 01:18 PM
the all in is not enough information for me to fold. You could argue for a fold on the flop, though, when the pot is small and the board is coordinated.

TheHammer24
10-10-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the all in is not enough information for me to fold. You could argue for a fold on the flop, though, when the pot is small and the board is coordinated.

[/ QUOTE ]
The all in makes me want to call because players will try to get all there money in as early as possible when it seems like they are going to end up getting it all in on the river. I probably call and fold to a river donk. check the river.

Nick Royale
10-10-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not convinced that UTG+1 has anything more than a draw, so I 3-bet to extract some more from him, and take a free showdown if you get it.

I might fold to a river donk, even though the pot will be fairly large at that point; if he really wants to donk after a turn 3-bet, he either hit, or you can congratulate him with the pot for the size of his nutsack.

[/ QUOTE ]
These are my thoughts exactly.

I don't even consider folding, so now we're up against the loose UTG+1. When he coldcalls the flop what can we put him on? Most likely a fd or oesd. Because of his looseness he might also hold a 9, lower PP or gutshot. We should also consider the possibility of a slowplayed T. Against most of his possible holdings a 3-bet is correct. I even think there's a chance we'll fold a better 9, but I won't count on that happening all that often. Since he won't call the river on a busted draw I would take the free sd.

Fat Nicky
10-10-2005, 02:34 PM
I am not convinced that folding is wrong. Usually when a player is shortstacked and wants to just get all his chips in for the hell of it, he will jam all streets until he has nothing left. Here, he just called the flop raise, and check/raised 2 players on the turn. That tells me that he wanted to get full value on the few chips he had.

Just a thought.

Nick Royale
10-10-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not convinced that folding is wrong. Usually when a player is shortstacked and wants to just get all his chips in for the hell of it, he will jam all streets until he has nothing left. Here, he just called the flop raise, and check/raised 2 players on the turn. That tells me that he wanted to get full value on the few chips he had.

Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also thought about this and I think you have a point. But this is a crappy player and I do believe he's more often realising that he'll have to put all his chips in to see a sd at the point where he is faced with the decision to call the turn.

10-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Dont forget that u have a gut shot! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

silkyslim
10-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Id 3-bet to isolate the all-in guy. if that doesnt work, take a free showdown. you have top 2 pair and a gutshot in case some1 has a T