PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know what to do, so I called down

cocofrite
10-10-2005, 04:44 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button is another tricky loose who resteals. Ok, it looks fishy but my first two calls are based on pot odds (more or less) and on the river it feels like a dark tunnel bluff (yeah, I've just read hoh2).

Hero ($669.55)
CO ($519.85)
Button ($735.10)
SB ($485.80)
BB ($330.60)
UTG ($428.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $12, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($30) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $12.

Turn: ($78) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $24</font>, Hero calls $24.

River: ($126) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $60</font>, Hero calls $60.

threeonefour
10-10-2005, 02:07 PM
i don't like this hand at all. if you are going to continuation bet on a blank board like that then i personally would bet more. after the minraise i'd fold. minraises usually means nothing or something big. in which case if you improve you aren't going to make any addtional money.

this is because he if he has nothing he probably won't be giving you a lot more action and if he has something big he will be giving you action but you will likely be behind at the time.

even if he often minraises marginal hands, AT and QT seem likely. if he has a small pocket pair i doubt he is going to put many more chips in if any paint falls, which is when you improve.

in one sentence, the pot odds aren't good because you have negative implied odds and you are out of position.

i could only see making this call if you are going for a resteal on the turn. in which case you have to have a good feel for the player of course. so i can't really comment on how good of an option that may have been.

i'd also like to stress the fact that is the contiuation bet was 2/3 the pot (you bet 40%) it would be easier to play.