PDA

View Full Version : First coach fired

TheRover
10-10-2005, 03:17 AM
Haslett ought to be fired after that [censored] disaster. Plus, this would win me about $70.

lastsamurai
10-10-2005, 03:23 AM
Mike Martz should coach pee wee.

Ianco15
10-10-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Martz shouldn't coach pee wee.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

HajiShirazu
10-10-2005, 04:40 AM
I can see the headline:
105 lb. and under South River Eagles led by former NFL coach Mike Martz set Pop Warner record for points in an 8 game season with 449, losing to the West Elm Cardinals 62-58.
"I definately think our choice to put all the second graders on special teams hurt us in this one. Those five kickoff returns for a touchdown were a major blow," said the father of QB Adam Smith, who went 46-52 with 6 TD throws.

Anyway Dom Capers is probably going to be fired any day now and probably should be. They just aren't getting it done over there, expansion would be an excuse but they seem to be getting worse each year.

lastsamurai
10-10-2005, 04:43 AM
http://video.movies.go.com/waterboy/info/graphics/winkler1.jpg
Martz's replacement...YOU CAN DO IT!

pryor15
10-10-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://video.movies.go.com/waterboy/info/graphics/winkler1.jpg
Martz's replacement...YOU CAN DO IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

He's very good.

Jack of Arcades
10-10-2005, 10:21 AM
lmao. jim haslett fired? lmao.

TheRover
10-10-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, why not?

Jack of Arcades
10-10-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two reasons.

1) Katrina, and, most importantly
2) Haslett has one more year on his extension, and I very much doubt Benson will eat it.

TheRover
10-10-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two reasons.

2) Haslett has one more year on his extension, and I very much doubt Benson will eat it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that's fine. You made it seem like you thought it was so ridiculous that I assumed you thought he was a great coach or something.

Jack of Arcades
10-10-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that's fine. You made it seem like you thought it was so ridiculous that I assumed you thought he was a great coach or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, hell no. As a Saints fan I've wanted him fired for 3 years. The team goes 8-8 every year and now we're older than anyone and about to go 4-12. The Saints need to blow up and start over, but they of course don't realize this - giving long term contracts to both Joe and Deuce on the offseason.

Frills
10-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Capers...blow out the whole front office as well.

Give up most your draft for Babin...what ever happened to adjusting your scheme to the players you have...instead of trading away picks to try to fill the players needed for the scheme.

fingokra
10-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Considering those are the only two decent players on the team I would consider that the only good move they have made in some time. Assuming both can stay healthy. Which as much as they are abused by how bad the rest of the team is, is a big assumption.

Jack of Arcades
10-10-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Considering those are the only two decent players on the team I would consider that the only good move they have made in some time. Assuming both can stay healthy. Which as much as they are abused by how bad the rest of the team is, is a big assumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving the second biggest RB contract in the history of the game to a "decent player" and a long term extension to a 32 year old are not good moves.

Boris
10-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Why is Herm Edwards on the list? I've always thought he was kind of an under-rated coach. I mean, he's a jackass in the press conferences but his teams always play tough.

holeplug
10-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Everytime I get mad at Andy Reid and want to criticize something he did I always stop for a moment and think "we almost hired Jim Hasslet"

Pudge714
10-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Regreatabbly Tice won't get fired mid season becase the Vikes don't have an assistant who could take over. They should blow up there coaching staff after the season is over. The organization has certainly given them the personnel to suceed.

TheRover
10-10-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is Herm Edwards on the list? I've always thought he was kind of an under-rated coach. I mean, he's a jackass in the press conferences but his teams always play tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he was 10-1 to get fired first (or resign) last week.

Haslett 15-1
Capers 3-1
Martz 11-5
Sherman 8-1
Tice 5-7
Parcells 25-1
Billick 20-1
Gibbs 25-1
Holmgren 25-1
Shanahan 60-1

No clue why Norv Turner wasn't there.

brettbrettr
10-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Anyone who votes for Haslett or Herm is silly approaching dumb.

Sherman, Tice and (hopefully) Martz will be gone after the season. I don't think any of those teams make the in-season move. Capers will prob go too...

TheRover
10-10-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who votes for Haslett or Herm is silly approaching dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I'm just hoping to pick up a couple bucks. Obviously Tice is the favorite for a reason.

brettbrettr
10-10-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I'm just hoping to pick up a couple bucks. Obviously Tice is the favorite for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but everyone seems to think they wait til the end of the season and offer Lineham the job.

fingokra
10-10-2005, 03:09 PM
I wasn't saying they were just decent. I was saying that all the others aren't even decent. Obviously, to everyone but you since they have both been to multiple pro bowls they are better than decent.

Jack of Arcades
10-10-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't saying they were just decent. I was saying that all the others aren't even decent. Obviously, to everyone but you since they have both been to multiple pro bowls they are better than decent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, okay, but I see no reason to give Deuce McAllister a huge contract coming off an injury season and Joe Horn a huge contract coming off his peak, age 32 season. Both of them look like crap now, don't they?

PhatTBoll
10-10-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Regreatabbly Tice won't get fired mid season becase the Vikes don't have an assistant who could take over.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't this how he got the job in the first place?

2+2 wannabe
10-10-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Martz shouldn't coach pee wee.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

worst. FYP. ever.

fingokra
10-11-2005, 12:25 AM
no they look hurt, everything else looks like crap

10-11-2005, 03:03 AM
Tice has been living on borrowed time

jakethebake
10-11-2005, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a long term extension to a 32 year old are not good moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not arguing with your actual point, but the length of the contract means nothing.

Jack of Arcades
10-11-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not arguing with your actual point, but the length of the contract means nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, sure it does, when you take into account the cap cost and cap hits.

jakethebake
10-11-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why they make it a long-term contract.

Jack of Arcades
10-11-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why they make it a long-term contract.

[/ QUOTE ]

In term of cap cost, yes, but when you cut them, the large signing bonus that comes with the long contract doesn't do your team any favors.

fingokra
10-11-2005, 10:39 AM
nice avatar