PDA

View Full Version : Would this be a raising situation?

trumpman84
10-10-2005, 03:03 AM
0.10/0.25 I'm in the BB with 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and have $55 and cover villain who is SB with $35. One other limper in the pot.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif I bet $.50 and both call. Turn is a 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB checks, I bet $1.75, limper folds and SB check-raises to $4.5, and I call. Pot is $11. River is another /images/graemlins/heart.gif that doesn't pair the board putting 4 hearts on the board. SB bets $6.

I figure this bet can mean several things. He has a set or two pair and is blocking. He might have a couple of hearts without the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif that he is blocking/value betting.Or he has the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif and is looking for a call. I can see arguments for all 3 options at this point.

If I call, I can pick off a few bluffs or a lower made flush like 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or maybe pick off a blocking bet.

I can fold, because villain is telling me has me beat and I really have no reason to disbelieve him.

I can raise. This is the most interesting of the options in my opinion. He's probably not calling with a hand I beat, but he may fold the 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif through the J /images/graemlins/heart.gif or maybe even the Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif..these are all possibilities if he made a flush on the turn like he is representing. This would be an interesting semi bluff as I may have the best hand and if I don't I could fold out some hands that beat mine.

10-10-2005, 03:09 AM
I'd think to raise the river you're going to have to invest a lot of money to try and get a player to fold at .10/.25 with a decent flush. I only really see calling and folding, and I think I favor folding at .10/.25.

trumpman84
10-10-2005, 03:13 AM
That's what I ended up doing, but I felt really weak doing it.

scrapperdog
10-10-2005, 06:52 AM
Raise if you dont like money.