PDA

View Full Version : tough bubble hand, comments please

Absalon
10-10-2005, 02:51 AM
blinds 200/400.. 22 left, top 20 finish in the money

hero is SB sitting on about 6000 chips
BB is the chip leader about 15000
EP1 has about 11000

EP1 limps in, its folded around to hero who completes with j9, and the BB checks.

the flop [ J 9 K ] all clubs.... hero is first to act, hero......

benneh
10-10-2005, 03:00 AM
check raise? bet out 1/2 to 3/4 the pot? you're probably getting put all in by a lone ace of clubs or maybe even jsut a king.

MagicMan08
10-10-2005, 03:13 AM
Definitely toss the information bet of 1/3 to 1/2 the current pot. As far as the hands you will see benneh hit on that also.

I would do the info bet and if you come up against "shown" strength is it really that good of a hand to go all in with based on your current place in the tourney.

You are almost out of the blinds; with almost half of the chip leaders stack. One double up with a great hand is all it takes. And the blinds aren't too bad yet. 400/800 start worrying.

odiggity
10-10-2005, 04:27 AM
id have a hard time with a info bet on this flop. if some one has the nut flush they will call, if they have nut flush draw theyll prolly call. bubble dont matter. u want to win it, and next level ur short stacked. u have outs to the boat, so bet pot and prepared to put rest in.

Absalon
10-10-2005, 12:10 PM
it was checked through to EP1 who bet the minimum. i raised all in, thinking no one with an ace of clubs would call half of this chips on a flush draw at his point in the tourney. the guy thought for a long time before calling with pocket kings. later he says something like "i knew you for a flush but just couldnt lay down a set of kings"

ijustliketoplay
10-10-2005, 12:41 PM
Tricky situation OOP. I would prob go with betting out 2/3 pot and fold to a raise (unless i had a read on Villain that said call).

Really don't like c raising all in. Its basically a semi bluff and you are only likely to get called by a better hand than bottom two.