PDA

View Full Version : wow party skins are bumping

grabdemankles
10-10-2005, 12:28 AM
jebus,
approx. 6000 on the skins
approx. 60000 on party

So when does empire, multi, etc. close up shop.

WTF

rwesty
10-10-2005, 12:36 AM
They're still making quite a bit of money, although not nearly as much as last week.

I wonder if Gala Group or whoever bought Eurobet is regretting the decision.

Photoc
10-10-2005, 01:18 AM
So what's this have to do with internet bonuses?

primetime32
10-10-2005, 01:45 AM
They have 1/10 of the traffic but they dont have to share the wealth with party. so they are making more on that 6,000 than they normally would have. Now they just have to market better and extend bonuses to attract new business.

Why fold up shop when you have a big brand name that is easily worth a small fortune?

Sniper
10-10-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They have 1/10 of the traffic but they dont have to share the wealth with party. so they are making more on that 6,000 than they normally would have.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not correct!.. they are still paying skin fees to party.

10-10-2005, 10:28 AM
I don't think the terms of their agreement have changed. Presumably they make the same % they used to.

Sniper
10-11-2005, 12:27 AM
Hi Jason,

Right (I think thats what I said too)

livinitup0
10-11-2005, 12:42 AM
No way!!?? Why would they pay crap to Party? Its not like they just locked out the skin tables on the same network is it? That would be kind of BS. From what Ive gathered its a completely seperate network...and I think it would have to be to support all the rumors of the X-skin sites merging with other poker rooms for more traffic.

Sniper
10-11-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No way!!?? Why would they pay crap to Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

They pay party for the benefit of using their system.

mmbt0ne
10-11-2005, 01:04 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
jebus,
approx. 6000 on the skins
approx. 60000 on party

So when does empire, multi, etc. close up shop.

WTF

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, Empire/Multi et al weren't making 1¢ from those 60k playing on Party before either.

Precision1C
10-11-2005, 02:58 AM
The skins might not of been making 1 cent on Party players but you sure can't multitable PL$25 O8 anymore with only one semi-full table to pick from. Hell, somehow when you divide 20+ ring games of PL$25 in two you get 12 on Party and 1 in the skins section.

CountDuckula
10-11-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No way!!?? Why would they pay crap to Party? Its not like they just locked out the skin tables on the same network is it? That would be kind of BS. From what Ive gathered its a completely seperate network...and I think it would have to be to support all the rumors of the X-skin sites merging with other poker rooms for more traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party created a new network and disassociated itself from the original one, leaving the skins behind. As I understand it, they still own the original network, and are entitled to whatever fees the skins agreed to contractually for the use of that network (unless it goes to court in whatever country has jurisdiction, and the court finds that Party acted in a way that defrauded the skins and awards damages).

-Mike

jmrogers7
10-12-2005, 10:49 AM
This statement doesn't makes a whole lot of sense. Each of the respective skins still has the exact same numbers of members that it had before the split. They didn't lose players because of it. Now they may have to work harder to KEEP those plyers playing on their skin. That much is true. But, to say they will close up shop now becuase of this is probably a "sky is falling" viewpoint.

Nicholasp27
10-12-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This statement doesn't makes a whole lot of sense. Each of the respective skins still has the exact same numbers of members that it had before the split. They didn't lose players because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

what have u been smoking?

hundreds of people on this site alone have cashed their money out of the skins and are playing elsewhere (stars, etc) or on party or nowhere while waiting

surfdoc
10-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Dude,

Is your avatar supposed to look like a swastica? Seems a little too similar to be an accident.

Hojglad
10-13-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude,

Is your avatar supposed to look like a swastica? Seems a little too similar to be an accident.

[/ QUOTE ]
His avatar is a cactuar from the Final Fantasy video game series.

Pov
10-13-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude,

[/ QUOTE ]
His avatar is a cactuar from the Final Fantasy video game series.

[/ QUOTE ]

And has nothing to do with a swastica whatsoever. It is in fact playful and mildly amusing.

10-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Looks cucumber to me.

kagame
10-14-2005, 12:24 AM
how ironic is this thread