PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Professional Party Side Bet Player

LondonBroil
10-10-2005, 12:09 AM
I've been thinking these past few minutes about dropping out of college and becoming a professional Side Bet Player. Thoughts?

SackUp
10-10-2005, 12:10 AM
I say you have better odds of succeeding doing that than becoming a comedian.

A_Junglen
10-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Don't think, act.

Shoe
10-10-2005, 12:11 AM
I think you do better in the poker stars satellites (even though I knock you out half the time) /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

LondonBroil
10-10-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you do better in the poker stars satellites (even though I knock you out half the time) /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm. I've never played a PokerStars satellite before. That's strange because Stars is one of only 2 sites where my username is LondonBroil. Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

Shoe
10-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Perhaps... I distinctly remember a LondonBroil from Stars, (but I don't really knock out you half the time -- just joking around haha)... but if you've never played in the satellites it must be a similar name that i remember (and has a picture of a lobster as their avator)

Wally Weeks
10-10-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been thinking these past few minutes about dropping out of college and becoming a professional Side Bet Player. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have much experience BUT...

- I've been reading all the side bet books recommended by leading side bet authors.

- Put in 1000 bets per day so far.

- Play 8 tables of side bets simultaneously.

- Think about side bet strategy away from the table.

- Discuss side bet strategy with other strong side bet players.

- Adopted a weak-tight strategy until I feel more confident in my betting skills.

- Now I even read and post about side betting on the Internet!

Walter

P.S. Did I miss anything? (Other than the "har har" and "zinger!")??

crosse91
10-10-2005, 02:43 AM
i'm beating the sidebet bar for 14bb/100; and i've played 759 hands. Should i go pro? and don't ask me for help, i don't want to to educate you FISH.

craig r
10-10-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm beating the sidebet bar for 14bb/100; and i've played 759 hands. Should i go pro? and don't ask me for help, i don't want to to educate you FISH.

[/ QUOTE ]

sample size!!1

miajag81
10-10-2005, 03:02 AM
Anyone know where I can get a side-bet rakeback deal?

SoftcoreRevolt
10-10-2005, 03:15 AM
Sorry, this is Party we're talking about. But you can a great deal on beanies!

scotty34
10-10-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know where I can get a side-bet rakeback deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Comments such as these are prohibited here in the Zoo.

Python49
10-10-2005, 03:23 AM
I like to value bet my side bets when I feel the next flop is going to be all red. I play on "instincts".

Fryguy
10-10-2005, 03:24 AM
Is it ok to semi-bluff all-in on the sidebet?

J_B
10-10-2005, 06:05 AM
the best way is the martingale system. Also check out Harrington on Side Bets volumes 1 & 2.

craig r
10-10-2005, 06:10 AM
Do you think this website is for real:

www.cheatatpartysidebets.com (http://www.cheatatpartysidebets.com)

AAmaz0n
10-10-2005, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think this website is for real:

www.cheatatpartysidebets.com (http://www.cheatatpartysidebets.com)

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Don't be fooled by cheap scams.

Everyone knows that only the new Log16 pattern map works on the flop color, and you can't get one for less than $500. Save your money unless you can afford the real thing.

The only other edge you could get is to order my book:

"Shauna on Sidebets", it should be coming out as soon as I negotiate a decent deal with David and Mason.

Shauna

craig r
10-10-2005, 06:27 AM
You can always try Avery Cardoza Publishing. In one of their sports gambling books they taught me I could win betting football betting against the spread as long as my team covered the spread. A wealth of information. Or you might be able to co-write with John Patrick.

craig

lorinda
10-10-2005, 06:33 AM
If you play very big no limit games, you can bet on a red flop next hand and hope to be dealt two black cards. You then have a cover bet when you try to hit your flush.

You can double your chances by betting both color flops, and then you only need to be dealt ANY flush draw and you already have a cover bet in place.

<font color="white"> I hate posting this kind of thing these days, because some moron always thinks it is serious.</font>

Lori

Sniper
10-10-2005, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only other edge you could get is to order my book:

"Shauna on Sidebets", it should be coming out as soon as I negotiate a decent deal with David and Mason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late Shauna... Barron's November 2+2 mag article will describe how he got the house to fold to his sidebet when he picked red and the flop came all black!

TStoneMBD
10-10-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I say you have better odds of succeeding doing that than becoming a comedian.

[/ QUOTE ]

i stopped reading after this.

nh, thread over.

10-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Are there any plans to start a new side-bet forum? I need to post some hands.

10-10-2005, 09:32 AM
I like to play on 2 accounts at once on party, so I can bet on both red and black on the same table at the same time. This doubles my chances of winning.

bwana devil
10-10-2005, 09:42 AM
anyone know any good deals on 2100fp monitors? i want to be able to mulitable side bets.

bwana

ninjaunderwear
10-10-2005, 09:43 AM
I was using a bot to multi-table Sidebets overnight whilst I slept. But, I guess that new bot-protection really does work. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Long story short, if your family depends on your sidebet profits, be careful when using a bot!

junkmail3
10-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Will I be able to datmine specific tables to know which ones flop which color more?

CORed
10-10-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the best way is the martingale system. Also check out Harrington on Side Bets volumes 1 &amp; 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, everyone knows that the Martingale would work if you had an infinite bankroll and no bettig limits. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Now, some of us may have infinite bankrolls, but the sidebet can only be made for $5.00 or $10.00. This makes it kind of hard to use a Martingale.

AAmaz0n
10-10-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Will I be able to datmine specific tables to know which ones flop which color more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but only for yourself. Shared databases like "PokerPsychic.com" are banned.

Shauna

ninjaunderwear
10-10-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the best way is the martingale system. Also check out Harrington on Side Bets volumes 1 &amp; 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, everyone knows that the Martingale would work if you had an infinite bankroll and no bettig limits. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Now, some of us may have infinite bankrolls, but the sidebet can only be made for $5.00 or $10.00. This makes it kind of hard to use a Martingale.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the sidebet limits are the same as the blinds at that table. That means some players are potentially making $50 / $100 sidebets, oh my!

I haven't confirmed that, but I suppose someone with 15 seconds of free time could do some sleuthing.

CORed
10-10-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the sidebet limits are the same as the blinds at that table. That means some players are potentially making $50 / $100 sidebets, oh my!

I haven't confirmed that, but I suppose someone with 15 seconds of free time could do some sleuthing.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I looked on Saturday, it was $5.00 and $10.00 on the 10/20 tables. I didn't look at any others, and I disabled the sidebet and blackjack buttons on my client because I kept hitting the damn things by mistake when I was clicking on a window to bring it to the top. I really don't care, except I'm mad at Party for tryint to siphon more money from our fish.

kitaristi0
10-10-2005, 03:05 PM
This thread has gone on for too long.

Guthrie
10-10-2005, 03:22 PM
One word: Red

foldmasta
10-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Sidebetting is rigged!

ninjaunderwear
10-10-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One word: Red

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually heard from a reliable source that Black comes up more often. Can anybody confirm or refute this?

Please reply quickly, my family's health and well-being depends greatly on receiving this information in a timely manner (hopefully, before the sun sets tonight...)