PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 nl live Q9s

meleader2
10-09-2005, 11:16 PM
i'm on the CO with 100$ holding Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
villain is button with same stack; no reads, he just sat.

preflop:

6 limpers, flop seeing (9$ after rake):

2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG opens for 15$, 1 caller, 2 folders, I call, button min raises to 30$. both players fold, it's on me HU.

my stack is 83$ before the min raise call, if that's what i'm going to do...

orange
10-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Your options are push, fold, or call.

If you push, you have (usually) pretty good folding equity. Without reads, this is a dangerous move, as your opponents may call with TPTK or something of the sort, lowering your FE. Your hand is somewhat readable, and you played it exactly like a FD (not saying that is bad, I play it the same).

A benefit to pushing is not having to make any further decisions regarding the turn or river. Pushing ends all action on the flop, so instead of playing OOP and seeing a blank turn, you won't have to worry about such decisions.

One of the main reasons I don't like pushing is your not even drawing toward the NFD. I'd be more inclined to push with the A /images/graemlins/heart.gifx /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

EDIT: after reading a bit over my post, I don't mind a call. You have dead money in the pot/relatively good odds. If a /images/graemlins/heart.gif falls, I usually c/r all in or lead for full pot. If it blanks, I c/f.

wdeadwyler
10-09-2005, 11:53 PM
IMO folding is the worst option. I call here and c/f or c/c a blank turn depending on the odds he lays me. If I hit my flush I lead 1/2 pot on the turn, and value bet river.

meleader2
10-09-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm on the CO with 100$ holding Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
villain is button with same stack; no reads, he just sat.

preflop:

6 limpers, flop seeing (9$ after rake):

2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG opens for 15$, 1 caller, 2 folders, I call, button min raises to 30$. both players fold, it's on me HU.

my stack is 83$ before the min raise call, if that's what i'm going to do...

[/ QUOTE ]

I push. He calls, flips up bottom two i hit runner runner queens and MHIG.

wdeadwyler
10-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Push is pretty bad imo, who just calls the utg lead with a made hand on this board?

orange
10-10-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
who just calls the utg lead with a made hand on this board?

[/ QUOTE ]

A fish who has JJ/66.

wdeadwyler
10-10-2005, 12:40 AM
Even a donk will know the call push is fishy. You'll prob get a call from tpgk at these stakes.

amoeba
10-10-2005, 01:41 AM
I fold to the initial bet.

awarunn
10-10-2005, 01:52 AM
I second that.