PDA

View Full Version : My first hand down at Oaks 6/12 last night

PITTM
10-09-2005, 11:00 PM
First hand down, i had watched the table a bit and they looked suprisingly tight. The structure is 2/3. it should also be noted that it was 11:54 pm and therefore still my birthday.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, 1 fold, Button calls, SB folds, i raise, everyone calls.

Flop: (14.66 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (7 players)
I bet, all call.

Turn: (10.83 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (7 players)
I bet, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 reraises, Button caps, I...(folded) /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Entity
10-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Fold and go get drunk.

jason_t
10-09-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First hand down, i had watched the table a bit and they looked suprisingly tight. The structure is 2/3. it should also be noted that it was 11:54 pm and therefore still my birthday.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, 1 fold, Button calls, SB folds, i raise, everyone calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (14.66 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (7 players)
I bet, all call.

Turn: (10.83 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (7 players)
I bet, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 reraises, Button caps, I...(folded) /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good fold.

PITTM
10-09-2005, 11:19 PM
i agree, i was baffled by the limpfest, i had watched for about a half hour and hadnt seen more than 4 to the flop, often with an opening raise. all the limps left me worried, in my early limit days i would have been a donk and just checked, at least i didnt do that i guess?

rj

jason_t
10-09-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i agree, i was baffled by the limpfest, i had watched for about a half hour and hadnt seen more than 4 to the flop, often with an opening raise. all the limps left me worried, in my early limit days i would have been a donk and just checked, at least i didnt do that i guess?

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is a must raise preflop. QQ/JJ and the argument becomes interesting.

Entity
10-09-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
QQ/JJ and the argument becomes interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.

jason_t
10-09-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
QQ/JJ and the argument becomes interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does.

Five limpers, the Button raises you are in the BB with AA. What are you doing?

QQ?

Maybe this isn't close. Let's change it up a little bit and see that it can get interesting.

Or let's say that the whole table limps to you and you are in the BB with AA. What are you doing?

QQ?

Here I'm raising AA, checking QQ and raising hands like 66.

The equity advantage with AA is too large to pass up. QQ has a large equity advantage too but why wait with QQ though? Because there's a good chance that by keeping the pot small I can still win the hand; a pair of Qs doesn't need to flop a set to win but if I bloat the pot I hurt my chances winning. There's a balance here and (likelihood of winning) * (final pot size) is ultimately what matters. But with a small pocket pair I know I need to improve and I'm getting 9:1 on my money but I'm 7.5:1 to flop a set.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-10-2005, 12:12 AM
omg. seroiusly. omg.

PITTM
10-10-2005, 12:20 AM
whazaaaa?

rj

Entity
10-10-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whazaaaa?

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

He was responding to jason's assertion that you might not want to raise QQ/JJ there.

Rob

PITTM
10-10-2005, 12:27 AM
the first time i ever played live was on my 21st birthday at bay101. my friends grandpa took me and he was explaining to me why you ALWAYS have to raise aa preflop but there are a lot of situations that you dont have to raise KK-JJ. i didnt get his logic at the time, and i dont remember it now. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

rj

Entity
10-10-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the first time i ever played live was on my 21st birthday at bay101. my friends grandpa took me and he was explaining to me why you ALWAYS have to raise aa preflop but there are a lot of situations that you dont have to raise KK-JJ. i didnt get his logic at the time, and i dont remember it now. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk to jason. He can explain the benefits of checking with QQ, though if he tells you that you'll see a scenario playing live 6/12 where checking might be correct, he's wrong. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

PITTM
10-10-2005, 08:22 PM
what do we do here if the button folds instead of caps?

rj