PDA

View Full Version : Rules for raises question

10-09-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm confused about rules for raising. Playing online I got to see a free flop from the BB in a PLO game. Caught top two pair with a king high flush draw against only two other players. The flop came out really low but a straight was possible. I figured I could maybe pick it up right there. I bet the pot for $40, was called by third position and was raised by the cut off seat, who moved all in for $45. So it was a $5 raise. Of course I called the additional $5, but here is the confusing part. The third position player made a pot-sized raise after I called!!!! So why was he allowed to make a pot-sized raise there? I was under the impression that an all in wouldn't be considered a live raise unless it equals at least half the original bet. Any thoughts? I decided not to call in the end.

joewatch
10-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Yah, that is messed up. What site were you playing on? I have played NLHE on some of the smaller sites (like Absolute) that allows the type of reraise you are talking about.

10-10-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that an all in wouldn't be considered a live raise unless it equals at least half the original bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I believe an all-in raise does not re-open the betting in PN/NL unless it is a full raise. The "half-the-original-bet" is used in limit poker if I'm correct.
Not following these rules doesn't seem right, but if you have to play by them make sure to adjust your play accordingly.

FRC

boscoboy
10-10-2005, 08:59 AM
crypto sites have this glitch - you just have to plan accordingly