PDA

View Full Version : ($11) 4-handed Bet more on the river?

Oluwafemi
10-09-2005, 10:50 PM
blinds 50/100, i'm in the BB, villain is in the SB

the last couple of orbits, there has been alot of limping. i've watched the shortstack [villain in SB] always bet the minimum on the flops he's been involved in and he hasn't shown enough looseness to call wildly.

Seat 1: villain (2215 in chips)
Seat 2: Hero (3750 in chips)
Seat 7: (4085 in chips)
Seat 9: (3450 in chips)
villain posts small blind 50
Hero posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Ac 3c]
2 folds
villain calls 50
Hero checks
*** FLOP *** [K /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif]
villain checks
Hero checks
*** TURN *** [K /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif] [6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
villain bets 100
Hero calls 100
*** RIVER *** [K /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
villain bets 100
Hero raises 150 to 250
Villain calls 150
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Hero shows [Ac 3c] (a flush, Ace high ) villain mucks hand
Hero collected 900 from pot

i didn't really feel i could induce anymore than i did for villain. looking at his betting patterns from earlier, he would complete the SB, then bet the minimum either on the flop or turn whether i was involved in the hand or the other players were. every instance i had nothing to play with. villain and the other players saw me fold alot in these spots and he probably thought he could take another pot cheaply with no fight. when the Ace fell on the river, i felt that i could milk a little more chips out of him [if he indeed had an Ace] but only a little because he probably feared the flush.

comments-

nyc999
10-09-2005, 11:02 PM
I probably raise it to 300 - 400, but I think your raise is fine. There are too many scare cards out there for him to call a bigger raise a high percentage of the time.

runner4life7
10-09-2005, 11:05 PM
i didn't really feel i could induce anymore than i did for villain.

you answered your own question with this line. if you didnt think you could get more than thats the right bet.

Oluwafemi
10-09-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i didn't really feel i could induce anymore than i did for villain.

you answered your own question with this line. if you didnt think you could get more than thats the right bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

others could feel differently.