PDA

View Full Version : Ever play TPTK like this?

TheRegulat0r
10-09-2005, 10:06 PM
SB ($~65)
Hero (~60)
CO (~$50)

No read on CO, SB is 16/3/1.2 over 400 or so hands.

.25/.50 blinds

PF:

Hero raises to $2 with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets 3/4 pot, hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Check, Check

River: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks, I bet 1/2 pot, he calls.

I've been playing really aggressively, as usual, so if he flopped a set, a turn C/R would seem likely.

When he checks the river, I'm pretty sure he has AQ or AJ, and bet for value.

Normally I take more aggressive lines than this, but this felt right at the time. Boring? Thoughts?

orange
10-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Looks ok to me.

If you were OOP, you could opt to bet/bet/check(induce a bluff). or bet/bet/block.

I think your line is good though. The turn check is ok, as the board is fairly drawless.

whittiphil
10-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Just wondering, is that your standard preflop raise? I usually make it 6bb, that's all.

Line looks ok, but I don't see why you just wouldn't bet the turn and fold to the check raise.

TheRegulat0r
10-09-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering, is that your standard preflop raise? I usually make it 6bb, that's all.

Line looks ok, but I don't see why you just wouldn't bet the turn and fold to the check raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 4x BB is my standard opening.

This line keeps the pot smaller with a one pair hand and allows me to narrow down his hand range before I put more money in the pot. Letting him see the river free seems pretty harmless, because I don't think he is drawing here.

swolfe
10-09-2005, 11:35 PM
standard, unless you think that he would a) call with a one-gapper like 53s or 75s AND b) bet an OESD with the A on the board. unlikely.

i think he probably had a suited A-rag and bet out cause he thought his A may be good. i think this based on the river check mostly, so the flop and turn play are good. river bet is good sized value bet.