PDA

View Full Version : memory question

10-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Maybe an obvious question: How important relative to other skills is raw memory in poker? I find that I read people well and have good instincts, but I'm simply unable to reconstruct players hands and remember them. So in the end I have simply a general image of a player (so and so bluffs a lot, that guy's tight, etc.). Don't I need to go *far* beyond that to win at higher levels? Are there any poker books that help develop memory technique?

Thanks for any responses!

Alex/Mugaaz
10-09-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe an obvious question: How important relative to other skills is raw memory in poker? I find that I read people well and have good instincts, but I'm simply unable to reconstruct players hands and remember them. So in the end I have simply a general image of a player (so and so bluffs a lot, that guy's tight, etc.). Don't I need to go *far* beyond that to win at higher levels? Are there any poker books that help develop memory technique?

Thanks for any responses!

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a link to some topics regarding this in 7CS uner there faq. Like most other things it's something that's primarily a learned skill. Some people are naturally better at it, but everyone has some skill they are naturally better at. It's a big misconception that things like this are something you can do without training or not at all.