PDA

View Full Version : Queston from a part of the FAQ

10-09-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 - If you suspect you have the winning hand at show-down then go ahead and show it. To 'stall' is called slow-rolling and is considered exceptionally bad form. I've seen internet-newbies to the B&M world do this because they wanted to see the other players' cards. They didn't know that what they were doing was inappropriate. Slow-rolling the winning hand is NOT good. Don't do it....

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that I am the player closest to the button or have called a raise on the river rather than raised myself, isn't it inappropriate for the other player(s) not to show me their hole cards? I could hold the nut flush and want to know what the person is willing to play with the flush possibility on the board. Is it top pair, two pair, trips, a straight, the non nut flush? On the other hand, if I'm holding the K high flush, I might want to make sure the other guy isn't holding the A high flush before I show (assuming I'm not obligated to show). However, I also don't want to be a jerk. Is there a happy medium? I'm not a slow roller. I flip 'em when I've got it, and I flip 'em when it's my responsibility to show first, but I probably want to see the other person's cards even if I have the nuts and they're supposed to show first.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Will

StevieG
10-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Technically you're right. If you have the K high flush and you called a bet on the river, the agressor should show you first, regardless of position.

But for the sake of keeping the game moving and friendly, you can go ahead and show. And definitely if you have the nut flush, just go ahead and show.