PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my money in?

Yuv
10-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Hero is almost SS with 1950 blinds at 50-100. Villian has 1750 after losing a big pot couple hands ago. He's been playing very loose PF and on the flop but seems to slow down with most signs of aggression.

I've been playing somewhat passive so far, mostly due to bad cards and some gutless plays.

Hero is BB with 44, Villian is SB.

Button limps, SB mini-raise, Hero calls, Button calls.

flop AJ4 rainbow. SB bets 1/2 the pot. Pot 900 now, SB got 1350 left.

TomCollins
10-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Miniraise or flat call. If he has anything, he'll almost have to call a miniraise. Then you can chip away at the rest on the next two streets. If he totally missed, you won't get anything from him, so a check is obviously best there. But even if you call his bet, he might get scared you have an ace if he has rags.

I go for mini-raise.

Yuv
10-09-2005, 05:49 PM
The button is still to act behind me. If he's been watching the table, he must know the SB's bet means nothing and if he does sees me as passive/weak, he might try to win it or tag along for the ride.

There aren't alot of turn cards that scares me right now. Could a flat call be better than a mini-raise?

captainzodiac
10-09-2005, 05:51 PM
most of the time i'd just flat call here on the flop,hoping to keep it at 3 way action to the turn,probably raise the turn or bet if sb checks,depending if button calls,but i'd like to get my money in on the turn,no matter what card comes off,even if it has str8 potential,short stacked i'm willing to take that chance and go down with my trips.
it would be great to get action from both players,so i definitely flat call the flop.

10-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Call... this is a drawless flop, so a set's very powerful and you have basically no interest in getting FE.

nath
10-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Call it. If the button thinks you're both weak he might try to blow you off the hand; with these stack sizes, one of them will probably be inclined to go all the way with any ace. Go ahead and let them put their money in the pot.