PDA

View Full Version : KotZ for those not willing to put up $33

lorinda
05-24-2003, 08:01 PM
I remember that last time KotZ came around, there were a few who were disappointed that it was $33 entry (I confess, I was one of them, but entered anyway)

The game was so much fun that I would recommend to anyone who wants to play but doesn't want to put up $33, to set aside what they are willing to put up and enter a single table or two-table event with it and treat it like a satellite.

If you do this every month for $11, you will make one every three months, if it is a single table, you only need to finish top two and you are in.

The downside of KotZ is that it is one TOUGH tourney, but the upside is that the blinds go up slowly, the chat is fun and it is actually quite hard to get knocked out early, because finding someone to call your mistaken raise is actually very difficult.

It would be even better if a few of you got together and agreed a time for a satellite so we definately get an extra player out of it.

Just some thoughts,

Lori

Stew
05-24-2003, 10:45 PM
Excellent Advice Lorinda, this is exactly why I didn't enter the last KOTZ, plus it was right before I was going on vacation and I just used a good portion of my bankroll to help pay for that.

When is the next KOTZ anyway?

Simon Diamond
05-25-2003, 06:23 AM
Thursday June 5th, 21:00 EST at Poker Stars, $30+$3 Pot Limit Holdem. If you need the password Stew, send me a PM here with your Stars username and I'll supply it.

Simon

Stew
05-25-2003, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the info Simon, I actually don't have an account at Stars yet (about the only site where I don't have one). I will be setting one up soon. Anyway, I may skip out on the next KOTZ as I am absolutely awful at Pot-Limit. If I decide I'd like to play, I'll send you a PM. I appreciate the info and invite.

PS: the KOTZ website looks awesome!

Simon Diamond
05-25-2003, 11:18 PM
Stew,

FYI, July's tournament will be Limit Holdem, and August will be No Limit Holdem - hope they will be more to your liking. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Simon

Stew
05-26-2003, 12:01 AM
Yes, those are more my style definitely. I will probably save my money for those. Thanks again Simon!

Hung
05-26-2003, 06:27 AM
With the new site and stuff I'd like to play all the trournies. But Thursday is really not a good day for me. It's in the middle of the week and it's at 3'o clock in the morning. I know it's not possible to change this. But I wont be able to play at that time... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
If you guys are planning to play smaller tournies in the week-end I'll be happy to join /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

rr2000
05-27-2003, 02:08 AM
How do you like the idea of $1 buy-in, say for one tourney, to attract more participation?

dr_mabuse
05-27-2003, 02:26 AM
hi folks,

whats the exact "board-qualification" needed to be allowed to play at the kotz-tournaments ?

thanks and bye
olaf

GrannyMae
05-27-2003, 02:26 AM
How do you like the idea of $1 buy-in, say for one tourney, to attract more participation?

don't, cuz we are not looking to attract a big crowd. that is what pokersites do.

this is more like a home game, invitation required. it is more social than poker.

if you want to play big $1 tourneys, i think there are some sites that offer it.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/bee.gif

GrannyMae
05-27-2003, 02:30 AM
Hi dr_mabuse olaf, IF that is REALLY your name.

simon diamond is the gatekeeper, and i don't think we allow olafs with a medical degree in.

you might PM him tho

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/director.gif

lorinda
05-27-2003, 02:36 AM
I dunno, anyone who's name is an anagram of Mr. Abused, might need a break.

Lori

dr_mabuse
05-27-2003, 02:43 AM
hmm,

is there any problem with my name chosen ?
its a character of a famous old german thriller and has nothing to do with "abuse".
i pm-ed simon for last tourney and he told me that only "board-regulars" are allowed to particpate, therefore i was just curious at what stage do you count people being regulars ?

thanks and bye
olaf

GrannyMae
05-27-2003, 02:51 AM
she has a thing for anagrams dr_mauspuke. she means no harm.

do you like cookies??

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/y/2inlove.gif

Simon Diamond
05-27-2003, 10:20 AM

To be perfectly honest, I don't like the idea. I am not really interested in getting a ton of entries, I am more interested in quality rather than quantity. 42 was more than enough last time, and the quality was very high.

Simon

Simon Diamond
05-27-2003, 10:23 AM
25 posts is a rough estimate, but obviously those 25 posts have to contribute something to the board. In your case I think you may be looking at gaining eligibility for July's event.

Simon

lorinda
05-27-2003, 10:29 AM
42 was more than enough last time,

46 Would be much better towards making the stats interesting but other than that I agree with every position you have taken on this tourney so far.

Keep it up Simon, it's a great tourney you have going here.

Lori

lorinda
05-27-2003, 10:34 AM
is there any problem with my name chosen

Sorry Dr. , no offense meant, I do that a lot (I have an anagram fetish)

Don't worry...if there was a problem with anything on this forum, you would be SURE there was a problem /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Lori