PDA

View Full Version : pumping the flop vs a maniac

dark_horse
10-09-2005, 05:04 PM
last night, live 10/20 with half kill. this pot was 10/20. the game is loose, with one maniac. the maniac tends to bet, raise and reraise with draws, or absolutely nothing, on any street, including the river. he loves to slowplay his made hands better than 2pair.

i have a tight image. i'm UTG+1 and open-raise with AQo. maniac calls from LMP. everone else folds. flop comes A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

i bet.
maniac raises.
i 3bet.
maniac 4bets.
i 5bet.
maniac reluctantly calls saying "ugh, i guess you have it."

turn comes 10/images/graemlins/club.gif
i bet.
maniac again reluctantly calls.

river comes the 3/images/graemlins/club.gif
i bet.
maniac raises.
i call.

was it correct to pump the flop ad infinitum, or wait for the turn to trap him for more bets? i couldn't be guaranteed that he'd put in as many raises as he did on the flop, so i wanted to get the money in then. what's the best line here?

TheHammer24
10-09-2005, 05:22 PM
After he caps, I check call the turn and river, let him bluff if he wants to. It's also an option to just call the flop riase, c/r the turn/call a three bet, and bet the river. I think you went to far with not a strong enough hand on the flop.

Nick C
10-09-2005, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't put in infinite bets on the flop, because at some point you have to worry about, you know, 74o.

But, anyway, the 5-bet seems all right to me.

[ QUOTE ]
the maniac tends to bet, raise and reraise with draws, or absolutely nothing, on any street, including the river. he loves to slowplay his made hands better than 2pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maniacs who slowplay when they actually have a big hand amuse me.

Wally Weeks
10-09-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the maniac tends to bet, raise and reraise with draws, or absolutely nothing, on any street, including the river. he loves to slowplay his made hands better than 2pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maniacs who slowplay when they actually have a big hand amuse me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the extreme case of "opposite man syndrome"? Hope he has fun playing like this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif