PDA

View Full Version : What is normal play for these common situations?

10-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Here are some hands that I'd like to know how some of you play. Assume full 10 man ring game with normal stacks for all players and no reads on any players yet. Please give any explanation along with your answers.

1. You hold AJo in BB with 3 limpers (one EP, two MP) Do you check or raise? and if raise, how much? if you don't raise, what is the minimal hand to do so?

2. You hold AJo on the button with 3 limpers (one EP, two MP). Do you check or raise? and if raise, how much? if you don't raise, what types of hands would you raise?

3. You hold TT in middle position with 2 EP limpers. Do you call or raise? if raise, how much? if you call, what do you do if someone raises 6bb after you?

Thanks for any responses

Godfather80
10-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Here are some hands that I'd like to know how some of you play. Assume full 10 man ring game with normal stacks for all players and no reads on any players yet. Please give any explanation along with your answers.

1. You hold AJo in BB with 3 limpers (one EP, two MP) Do you check or raise? and if raise, how much? if you don't raise, what is the minimal hand to do so?

I check. I don't want to raise because I don't want to play a big pot out of position. My minimum raising hand here is AKo/TT. (I know this is probably too tight but I have become a firm believer in position.)

2. You hold AJo on the button with 3 limpers (one EP, two MP). Do you check or raise? and if raise, how much? if you don't raise, what types of hands would you raise?

This, to me, is read dependent. Against loose players (whose hands I'm likely ahead of preflop), I probably raise to 4 -5xBB. Against tight players (whose hands I'm probably 50/50 with preflop) , I probably just call. My minimum raise requirement against a mix of opponents would be AQo.

3. You hold TT in middle position with 2 EP limpers. Do you call or raise? if raise, how much? if you call, what do you do if someone raises 6bb after you?

I'll raise 90% of the time with TT, only limping 10% with people whom I play with all the time for deception. I'll raise between 4-6xBB. If I limp and somebody raises 6BB after me, my play is read dependent. Against a LAG I may reraise. Against a tighter player, I'll probably call and play for set value.

Thanks for any responses

BlackRain
10-10-2005, 06:37 AM
1. Check

2. Raise

3. Raise

10-10-2005, 06:45 AM
1. Check. I only raise AA-QQ and AK out of the blinds. I don't like playing out of position, and when I raise with JJ or TT it's more likely the flop brings an overcard so I play Jacks and below for set value. AQ, AJ etc.. I'll just check and see what the flop brings, I'm looking for two pair or better to really get involved with the hand.

2. As said before, with loose villians I'll raise since I'm very likely ahead of whatever they're holding. Against tight players I may limp along and use my position post flop to play the hand.

3. I play mostly NL25, so for this reason I call. Since Tens have HUGE set value here, and I believe I can play well enough post flop if I do flop an overpair to just limp along.

rikz
10-10-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I check AJo in BB if limped to me. I always fold AJo in the BB in a raised pot, even if I suspect a steal from the Button or cutoff. I'll raise QQ, KK, AA, AK, and sometimes JJ. Sometimes with JJ I'll just check and play for a set. My chief consideration is whether I'm interested in making a continuation bet from EP after the flop with this hand since I'm not going to have any clues that I would have if I was in LP. Post-flop, I'll usually check/fold if I don't hit my AJo on the flop. With TPTK on a J-high uncoordinated flop, or even TPWK with an A-high uncoordinated flop, I'll bet into the field to see if I can take it down. I won't play too much after that out of position, though.

2. I raise 7x BB. Actually, I usually click the "pot" button if there is at least one limper because it almost works out to 4BB+1BB/limper and its faster. I make the same size raise to open the pot here with 76s, AJo, or AA. If I'm raising in LP, then its about 4BB+1BB/limper. I raise a lot from MP+3, CO and Button. If checked to me on the flop an there is at least one high card (A, K, Q, or J), In continuation bet for just under the size of the pot. If it is all low cards, I sometimes check behind, but then bet the turn if earlier players continue to check to me.

3. With TT in MP, I raise 6 BB. I'll call up to 10% of my stack + the pot in a raise if the villain's stack is at least as deep as mine (in other words, do I have implied odds to flop a set). For example, if villain and I each have 100 BB and villain raises my 6 BB to 20 BB, then I'll probably fold unless I have a read on villain as being way out of line with re-raises. If I call 14 BB more, I just don't have good enough odds to try and catch my set.

If I'm min-raised by LP another 6 BB, I'm always calling and playing the rest of the hand for set value. Sometimes if all low cards hit and I'm heads up with the preflop raiser, I'll bet just under the pot into the preflop raiser if I think he has AK/AQ/AJ/etc as often or more often than a big pair. Against a really tight preflop raiser (PFR <5%), however, I just check/fold unless I hit a set.

If I'm not re-raised, I make a continuation bet on the flop even if there are over cards if there are one or less players between me and the button. If there are a large number of players between me and the button, I might just give up depending on the texture of the flop. Typically, even in MP, I want to try to buy the button or at least narrow the field behind me to one caller when I raise with TT from MP.

TheRegulat0r
10-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Check

Call

Raise usually. This is the closest of the three. I call sometimes.

kitaristi0
10-10-2005, 11:31 AM
1. Check. AJo isn't a good hand to be raising from the BB. You're OOP with a marginal-at-best hand. Not good.

2. Check. Though you're in position, you still have a very mediocre hand.

3. Call. I'm hoping to hit my set and win a huge pot.

Isura
10-10-2005, 01:00 PM
1. Usually check. If the limpers are loose, my image is fairly tight, and I haven't done it before, I'll raise to 8bb and take it down a large % of the time.

2. With 3 limpers, usually just limp. I'd raise 1-2 loose limpers often to take it down preflop or isolate.

3. Not really sure, I don't play full ring. But raise or call seem about the same. If someone raises 6bb, you can usually call with 100bb stacks.