PDA

View Full Version : bankroll question . . . includes $2/5 live [bad beat] story

ericlambi
10-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Last night I went to a B&M and was pleasantly surprised to see they had a $2/5NL game with a $300 max buy-in (normally they only offer limit). So I bought in and in the first two hands this is what I witnessed:

Hand 1 - I saw a guy call all of his chips (~$500) while holding A5 on a board where 5 was the lowest card after the turn and there were about 100 straight hands and draws that could be out. The river came an A and he won a >$1k pot.

Hand 2 - I saw a guy call away all his chips on the turn while holding T2 (he had called a raise from UTG+1 with this hand) on a board that was Jack high (J and T came on the flop). He rivered a T and won a ~$600 pot with it.

The third hand that I am at this table I am dealt AA on the button. Mr. T2 raises to $25 UTG and gets called by one other player. I raise to $100 knowing that all of my chips are going into the pot on this hand and hoping the poker gods are smiling. Mr. T2 calls, other guy folds. Flop comes JJ7 with two diamonds. Mr. T2 checks, I go all-in. He calls with TT. Turn and river come 8-9. He rivered a straight, I lost. It was twice as much as I had ever lost in one hand of poker.

My question . . . anyone on this forum could destroy this game. These players are beyond horrible. But currently I only have a $2700 bankroll (growing at ~$400/wk). Given the inevitable swings of this game, and the fact that I am not willing to lose $1000 in one day playing poker, should I pass on this game until I get a bankroll in the $5k-$6k range?

amoeba
10-09-2005, 04:01 PM
I would play just given that your edge is so big and that you should win before these kind of beats happen consecutively.

I mean its possible for you to lose at all 4 tables 4 tabling 100nl online right?

think of it that way.