PDA

View Full Version : AQs SB facing 3-bet??

@bsolute_luck
10-09-2005, 03:53 PM
not really sure what to do.

BB: LAG
MP: LP
CO and Button: Loose/semi-aggressive. nothing strange

1/2 6-max
Hero in SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop: MP calls, <font color="red">CO raises, Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="blue">Hero...???</font>

NOTE: FWIW BB and MP with both be in this hand. I'm 70% sure.

JDErickson
10-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Cap in a heartbeat

SackUp
10-09-2005, 04:22 PM
I call with the intention of c/r most flops to clear up the field after button bets.

@bsolute_luck
10-09-2005, 04:34 PM
well i'd like to hear more on preflop, but i decided to just call because i'd have better protection, i could already be behind to a bigger pair, and i'd rather see what the flop brings than be OOP.

1/2 6-max
Hero in SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop: MP calls, <font color="red">CO raises, Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls

Flop: A/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="red">CO bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, everyone calls

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB and MP fold, CO calls, Button call

let me know what you think of the hand. results to follow.

PokerSparky
10-09-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

let me know what you think of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any other way to play it. Nice Hand.

Stealthy
10-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Well unless the CO or button are complete wimps and called down a 2 pair you are chopping at worst but have a likely winner. I would have played it exactly the same.

I am also not capping pre-flop which does not necessarily make it right, but just what I would do.

ChuckyB
10-09-2005, 07:33 PM
I would play it how you did 90 per cent of the time.

The other 10% would be to flat-call on the flop and check-raise on the turn. You risk more money, but with that flop and the awful play at 1/2 6-max...I think it's worth it every once in a while. You've got probable aggressors in the CO and button.

baronzeus
10-09-2005, 07:36 PM
cap preflop (very easy) bet flop, bet turn bet river.