PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 10's

10-09-2005, 02:38 PM
What are your thoughts (Party 2-4 Game):

I have pocket tens in mid position and raise pre-flop. Five players see the flop.

Flop: K 5 9 (rainbow)

Two players check to me, I bet, three call.

Turn: 2

Two players check to me, I bet, two call.

River: 7

Two players check to me, I bet, one player calls.

I lose to K-3os.

Not this exact hand, but many like this seem to happen to me. Am I being to aggressive with middle pair.

Shaggy

jason_t
10-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Nice hand.

chopchoi
10-09-2005, 03:04 PM
The river bet is marginal against 2 opponents. I don't know if you're ahead more than half the times you get called, but it's close

JDErickson
10-09-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The river bet is marginal against 2 opponents. I don't know if you're ahead more than half the times you get called, but it's close

[/ QUOTE ]

No its not. Not on Party 2/4

Played fine. Idiots win sometimes

10-09-2005, 04:17 PM
c/f the flop. With 5 people seeing the flop, one of them has a king. And if you bet the flop and get two callers, c/f the turn. I can almost guarentee you one of them has a king and is not letting go.

private joker
10-09-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
c/f the flop. With 5 people seeing the flop, one of them has a king. And if you bet the flop and get two callers, c/f the turn. I can almost guarentee you one of them has a king and is not letting go.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3448/donkey9ek.jpg

Solid_p
10-09-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

10-09-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is small stakes HE, right? Am I missing something? If you insist on making the CB on the flop, then fine. But getting two callers, I assure you that one of them has the king and in SSHE, they're probably not letting go of even K-3. Why does this seem so outrageous?

Walker
10-09-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I can almost guarentee you one of them has two cards...

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed your post

jason_t
10-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (9.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ts Td (one pair, tens).
UTG+2 has Ah Js (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.75 BB. </font>

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) checks, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, UTG folds, MP1 folds.

River: (13.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Tc Ts (one pair, tens).
Button has Ks 2d (one pair, twos).
SB has 7d 7s (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.50 BB. </font>

Yeah, sometimes they have it. But you're leaving money on the table by playing so weak in these situations. It's all about board texture, feel and reads.

lighterjobs
10-09-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is small stakes HE, right? Am I missing something? If you insist on making the CB on the flop, then fine. But getting two callers, I assure you that one of them has the king and in SSHE, they're probably not letting go of even K-3. Why does this seem so outrageous?

[/ QUOTE ]