PDA

View Full Version : Does the river change anything?

silkyslim
10-09-2005, 02:32 PM
This guy is unknown to me. I am used to 3/6 where people play like this with a wide range against my supposed steal. After he doesnt care about the Q, im kinda getting worried.
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ??

Lunar Tweak
10-09-2005, 03:40 PM
well, i'm gonna go ahead and cast my vote for raising. statistically, i see him having KK a majority of the time here.
KK: 6 ways, QQ or AA: 2 ways. and worst case scenario is you lose 2 bets each when he 3 bets you with AA or QQ, but you'll gain 6 bets when he makes a crying call w/ KK. and that doesn't count when you win against a very agressively played AK.

chopchoi
10-09-2005, 04:05 PM
That's the thing about aggressive games, you never know where you're at. Would he have 3-bet PF with A2 or A6 against a perceived steal? I don't think most players would, but you never know. 22? Maybe. 66? A good possibility.

If he had JJ-77, A2 or A6, would he 3-bet the flop? Again, maybe he would.

I just call this river. If he has you beat, he's going to re-raise, and you're out 2 more bets. If you have him beat, and he has JJ-77, he may fold, and you won't gain anything. If he has AQ, you're just feeding the rake. The only hands that you beat and will pay you off are A2, A6, and KK, and I don't think the chance that he has one of these makes the risk of a re-raise worthwhile.

@bsolute_luck
10-09-2005, 04:08 PM
i'm just calling. because it's probable that you're gonna call a reraise only to split anyways.

TheHammer24
10-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Raise and call a three bet. You may be splitting but 1 combo of QQ and AA, and 4 combos of AQ. Looks like KK, or worse. If he has 66 wow. You're ahead here, raise and call.

bungyrocks
10-09-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's the thing about aggressive games, you never know where you're at. Would he have 3-bet PF with A2 or A6 against a perceived steal? I don't think most players would, but you never know. 22? Maybe. 66? A good possibility.

If he had JJ-77, A2 or A6, would he 3-bet the flop? Again, maybe he would.

I just call this river. If he has you beat, he's going to re-raise, and you're out 2 more bets. If you have him beat, and he has JJ-77, he may fold, and you won't gain anything. If he has AQ, you're just feeding the rake. The only hands that you beat and will pay you off are A2, A6, and KK, and I don't think the chance that he has one of these makes the risk of a re-raise worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

does hero beat A6?