PDA

View Full Version : Stars without RB > RB on skins?!?!

10-09-2005, 01:15 PM
I was playing the skins of party for rakeback and now that seems to be gone. I was pissed but then I thought about the turbos on stars and it seems like the turbos w/out rakeback are better. 15+1 25+2 seem like better bets and rakeback on party skins would only be beneficial if you are playing the upper limits?

It seems like you lower limit multitablers can move over to stars with little hassle, but is this logic flawed? Or are you all big 215er's or affiliates who have gotten hit so hard?

Apathy
10-09-2005, 02:07 PM
The problem with stars stts is that the player base is a lot smaller and the games dont run as often.

SippinSoma
10-09-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem with stars stts is that the player base is a lot smaller and the games dont run as often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any idea why the player base is smaller, since now they boast on average more players than Party?

eastbay
10-09-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any idea why the player base is smaller, since now they boast on average more players than Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

More types of games, maybe?

eastbay

SippinSoma
10-09-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More types of games, maybe?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

sng-sam
10-09-2005, 02:30 PM
here's my problem with Stars Turbos.If I multi with PP and I get 2 3rds and 2 OOTM I am only hurt a little on stars it's gonna be bad. 9 players =bad

Straight Flushes,

SAM

10-09-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
here's my problem with Stars Turbos.If I multi with PP and I get 2 3rds and 2 OOTM I am only hurt a little on stars it's gonna be bad. 9 players =bad

[/ QUOTE ]

...but it's less likely to happen

And it's what, 1/3rd of a buyin worse?

lorinda
10-09-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

6000 player freerolls and 1c/2c tables.

Lori

10-10-2005, 01:37 PM
UPDATE: I hate stars turbos mainly because i've been losing all my coinflips tonight, but mostly due to the blinds rising at a certain time limit versus a set number of hands. Something about being able to manipulate the amount the BB will be for your neighbor seems annoying to me.

pooh74
10-10-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, for people who multi the 100s and up, stars will seem like a dustbowl relative to party. Lower limit players who MT won't have a problem.