PDA

View Full Version : Where do you think Omaha action will go now (poll)?

crazyweasel
10-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Omaha action was obviously overly concentrated on the Party network until last night's implosion. Where do you think the action will go now?

TGoldman
10-09-2005, 01:31 PM
I've also found PokerRoom and their skins have a good selection of PLO/8 games to choose from.

wackjob
10-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Pokerroom is a good site. Great software too. SH is 5-handed though, not 6. An adjustment to be made there.

lighterjobs
10-09-2005, 10:58 PM
so does this mean only party players will be on the party skin and not on eurobet etc.?

crazyweasel
10-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Well, it looks pretty clear. Most people are on Party and there's a few more tables on Pokerstars than before.

Ironman
10-10-2005, 09:24 AM
I would say there are a few thousand more on UB these days.

Dave

10-10-2005, 01:13 PM
when I first logged in yesterday, there was 1 .50/1 LO8, 2 $25 PLO8, and 1 1/2 6-max LO8 games going on the skins.

thats it. only those four tables.

rakeback is sorta key in split pot games, and mine just went poof.

I hope to God that a party rb is comming soon.

BTW,

I really wish that PS would get rid of the NLO8 games. its just plain out ridiculous that there can be 4 1/2 NLO8 and no plo8 games going over .25/.50.

NLO8 is atrocious.

Wintermute
10-10-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It has nothing to do with the structure of the game; all that matters is your rakeback rate vs. your win rate.

10-10-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It has nothing to do with the structure of the game; all that matters is your rakeback rate vs. your win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true, and when I'm still learning much about the game, it is much higher than I'd like it to be.

I also play a great bit of 6-max LHE, and at SHLHE, the rake rate can be pretty damn high. Rakeback was not necessarily a must have, but it was nice to get part of those triple digits in BB's back at the end of the month.

Wintermute
10-10-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true, and when I'm still learning much about the game, it is much higher than I'd like it to be.

I also play a great bit of 6-max LHE, and at SHLHE, the rake rate can be pretty damn high. Rakeback was not necessarily a must have, but it was nice to get part of those triple digits in BB's back at the end of the month.

[/ QUOTE ]
From what I hear, the trick will be to get rakeback at Party. Will probably require 2nd-identity mesaures. But the fish aren't going anywhere--they'll all still be at party, not knowing that the shape of their bowl has changed.

punter11235
10-10-2005, 09:03 PM
There is nice action at Paradise I play there almost every day now. Ideal for PLO and PLO/8 (very good action at 50 and 400 level but rarely game going at 100/200)

DyessMan89
10-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Paradise does have some nice PLO8, although it seems like the Limit games are rather dry.

wackjob
10-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Been clearing a bonus on Absolute. Found a pretty decent, fishy, 5/10 Limit 6-max O8 table and stuck with it all night.

FeliciaLee
10-11-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokerroom is a good site. Great software too. SH is 5-handed though, not 6. An adjustment to be made there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hate the software, or set-up, I should say, since it's web-based.

At any rate, I agree and have started making some money there in limit.

As far as the 5-max, Paradise has the same thing. I'm so totally not digging it. I want to nut-peddle, dangit, and they are taking that option away! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Drizztdj
10-11-2005, 03:51 PM
I've never had a rakeback deal so I'll continue my usual games at Stars and occasional popping into Party/FT/UB/BoDog if there no PLO8 games at Stars.

Yes, I've converted to hating NLO8 also.